Windows 10: Can't sign in after the Anniversary update

Discus and support Can't sign in after the Anniversary update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The screen goes black then returns me to sign in... 58388 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bren002, Aug 2, 2016.

1. bren002 Win User

Can't sign in after the Anniversary update

The screen goes black then returns me to sign in...

:)

bren002, Aug 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 after update can't find the sign in screen

After the Anniversary update to Windows 10, on restart or shutdown and start the system can't find the sign in screen. I get a blue screen with a white circle going round and round. How do I get it to know where the sign in is?

LindaKelley, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Can't sign into Windows after the Anniversary Update.

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue please answer the question below:

• Did you create a password while creating the local account?

First, confirm the correct password is getting entered with some simple checks before resorting to more extreme measures:

1.Click on the “eye” icon in the password field and view the password before hitting Enter.

2.Verify the keyboard layout wasn’t changed during the upgrade, causing you to enter unexpected characters when typing. Press the Windows Key and the Spacebar at the same time to check the keyboard language and layout. While holding the Windows Key,
    press the spacebar repeatedly to change the keyboard layout.

3.From another device, verify that you can successfully sign into
    click here
    with the same Microsoft account email and password.

Please get back to us with the above observation so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Can't sign in after the Anniversary update

I'm having the same problem, although I can sign in with a different account. I suspect it's either the custom theme I'm using, which required UX Theme Patcher, or the Windows 10 Login Changer I used to remove the lock screen. Are you using either of those?

PantherMan594, Aug 2, 2016
  5. bren002 Win User
    I have another account on my desktop thankfully. I have UX theme patcher

bren002, Aug 2, 2016
  6. I got it working again, not sure exactly what I did to fix it but I booted into safe mode, logged into my account and set it up again (the hi, you've updated windows dialog), then uninstalled UXTheme Patcher.

PantherMan594, Aug 2, 2016
  7. bren002 Win User
    thanks will try

EDIT: it worked

bren002, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't sign in after the Anniversary update

1. Can't sign in after the Anniversary update - Similar Threads - Can't sign Anniversary

2. Can't sign in after updating

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in after updating: Hello,Last night my laptop updated and everything seemed fine. Later, when the update was finished, I tried to log in but noticed I now had to sign into a Microsoft account. Usually I would just have to put in my password So, I signed into my Microsoft account, but then, it...
  3. Can't sign in after updating

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in after updating: Hello,Last night my laptop updated and everything seemed fine. Later, when the update was finished, I tried to log in but noticed I now had to sign into a Microsoft account. Usually I would just have to put in my password So, I signed into my Microsoft account, but then, it...
  4. Can't sign in after updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't receive any Windows updates after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't receive any Windows updates after Anniversary Update: So I have been having an issue with the anniversary update for a while now. Every time I try run windows updates, I get the error "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you are connected to...
  6. Can't update to W10 Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update to W10 Anniversary Update?: PC is up to date, downloaded the anniversary update via windows update. PC restarts and acts like its installing and it goes back to build 1511? I tried downloading the manual installer and same thing, doesn't seem like anyone had this problem yet? The manual...
  7. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  8. Can't see connected devices after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't see connected devices after Anniversary Update: Hey guys, so today I update my system and surprisingly, I can't see my connected devices (such as mobile phone, external hard disks, etc) under 'This PC' or elsewhere. Tried uninstalling the drivers through Device Manager, restarting, everything.. but doesn't work. And no,...
  9. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...