Windows 10: Can't sign in after updating my user name

Discus and support Can't sign in after updating my user name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to change my name on my PC. I followed this guide https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-account-name-windows-10/ After I finished everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spore360, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Can't sign in after updating my user name

I wanted to change my name on my PC. I followed this guide https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-account-name-windows-10/ After I finished everything I signed out and it boots up like a brand new account with a message saying "We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files you create or changes you make will be lost." Did I just lose my account or is there a way to fix this with my updated name?

submitted by /u/Spore360
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spore360, Dec 9, 2020

2. Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 9, 2020
  3. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Can't sign in after updating my user name

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign in after updating my user name

1. Can't sign in after updating my user name - Similar Threads - Can't sign updating

2. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my user name: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC. It's set on "User" after reinstalling Windows and it shows my Microsoft...
  3. Can't sign in after updating

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in after updating: Hello,Last night my laptop updated and everything seemed fine. Later, when the update was finished, I tried to log in but noticed I now had to sign into a Microsoft account. Usually I would just have to put in my password So, I signed into my Microsoft account, but then, it...
  4. Can't sign in after updating

Can't sign in after updating: Hello,Last night my laptop updated and everything seemed fine. Later, when the update was finished, I tried to log in but noticed I now had to sign into a Microsoft account. Usually I would just have to put in my password So, I signed into my Microsoft account, but then, it...
  5. Can't sign in after updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. All user names not on Sign-In Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All user names not on Sign-In Screen: Split from this thread. Hi can any one help me to solve this issue with my pc. I'm using windows 10 pro. On my pc welcome screen not showing multiple user name to log in. I added users as my family members in account sitting. But user name not display on welcome screen....
  7. sign-in name can't be changed

sign-in name can't be changed: I'm so confused cuz I can't change the sign-in name ;_; The name on account info(administrator) is different from the sign-in one. I wanna change the sign-in one. Please help me ;_; Thank you soooooo much!! [ATTACH] [IMG]...
  8. Signing in--Can't Use My Name

Signing in--Can't Use My Name: I set up Windows 10 for the second time, and something is wrong! When I try to sign in, it will not accept the name I used for signing in, nor the password. Fortunately, I already had a MS account and remembered the password, so I can sign in that way. But when I sign it,...
  9. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change my user name: [ATTACH]I've tried many things to change it but the name is unable to be renamed which I'm looking to change I should also add this is for the C:\users folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-user-name/82cec765-5f68-44fc-9a59-49357f341167"
  10. MS can't can't find my user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS can't can't find my user name: I just installed Office 2016 professional and it's working fine. My problem is when they ask for my user ID and password. I ran the Microsoft Support and Recovery Tool just to see if I have any problems. I was asked to put in my User ID and password. I was told that that user...