Windows 10: Can't sign in after updating

Discus and support Can't sign in after updating in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,Last night my laptop updated and everything seemed fine. Later, when the update was finished, I tried to log in but noticed I now had to sign... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Coolz5, May 15, 2021.

1. Coolz5 Win User

Can't sign in after updating

Hello,Last night my laptop updated and everything seemed fine. Later, when the update was finished, I tried to log in but noticed I now had to sign into a Microsoft account. Usually I would just have to put in my password So, I signed into my Microsoft account, but then, it said I had to create a PIN. I clicked continue, but got the "Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your PIN." message. I clicked retry multiple times but it didn't work. If I clicked on "skip for now", the process of having to sign into a Microsoft account repeated. I can't sign in now. What can I do to fix this

:)

Coolz5, May 15, 2021

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 15, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can't sign in after updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 15, 2021
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't sign in after updating :cool:

jmcslob, May 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't sign in after updating - Similar Threads - Can't sign updating

2. Can't turn on camera during sign-in after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on camera during sign-in after update: After most recent updates, I keep getting a message during sign-in that say "Cannot turn on camera; sign in using PIN." I can use the camera, and facial recognition seems to be set up ok. Suggestions anyone? I use a Dell laptop with built in camera....
  3. Can't turn on camera during sign-in after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't turn on camera during sign-in after update: After most recent updates, I keep getting a message during sign-in that say "Cannot turn on camera; sign in using PIN." I can use the camera, and facial recognition seems to be set up ok. Suggestions anyone? I use a Dell laptop with built in camera....
  4. Can't sign-in after windows update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign-in after windows update on windows 11: I found that my windows have updated available and I restarted to update Windows. While updating it says something went wrong and undoing changes after a restart.After process completion I can't login into my windows.It says literally something happened and your PIN isn't...
  5. Can't sign in after updating

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in after updating: Hello,Last night my laptop updated and everything seemed fine. Later, when the update was finished, I tried to log in but noticed I now had to sign into a Microsoft account. Usually I would just have to put in my password So, I signed into my Microsoft account, but then, it...
  6. Can't sign in after updating

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in after updating: Hello,Last night my laptop updated and everything seemed fine. Later, when the update was finished, I tried to log in but noticed I now had to sign into a Microsoft account. Usually I would just have to put in my password So, I signed into my Microsoft account, but then, it...
  7. Can't sign in after updating my user name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't sign in after updating my user name: I wanted to change my name on my PC. I followed this guide https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-account-name-windows-10/ After I finished everything I signed out and it boots up like a brand new account with a message saying "We can't sign in to your account. This problem...
  8. Can't sign-in after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't sign-in after 20H2 update: Hey guys! after updating to version 20H2 I can't lsign-in to my microsoft account on my computer only account I have there. I just boot windows, see my wallpaper on my lockscreen, get to screen with my account and "Sign-in" button, press it and my wallpaper get reset to...
  9. After 1803 update can't set sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    After 1803 update can't set sign-in screen: Lenovo T530 laptop Windows 10 pro 1803 update. Update installed without any known problems. I cannot set the sign-in screen. Wasn't a problem until 1803 was installed. I have set the lock screen and I understood that this is / was the same as setting the sign-in screen....
  10. Can't sign in after the Anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in after the Anniversary update: The screen goes black then returns me to sign in... 58388