Windows 10: Can't sign in even know my password -- that's strange

Discus and support Can't sign in even know my password -- that's strange in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; For the last few days I have been trying to login Windows 10 Pro 64X on my desktop and I know my password that I am using all along. I did try... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by imcanadian, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Can't sign in even know my password -- that's strange

For the last few days I have been trying to login Windows 10 Pro 64X on my desktop and I know my password that I am using all along. I did try different things that I should try to see if I can get in but no luck even with system restore or system configuration. Nothing at all to work with my login. Guess that the best thing is to reinstall the operating system of Windows 10 Professional 64X again but will lose everything in the hard drive. I did try to use my backup to earlier date and Windows 10 won't let me because of my password. Do you have any idea how to get around to work with this? That would be appreciated!

John

:)

imcanadian, Jan 24, 2017
  2. Bmak55 Win User

Can't sign in Ovi Mail at Yahoo - login

I'm able to see my mails ny signing in with nokia username and password..

And I want to know if nokia password is same for yahoo?

Coz by using same email id and password I'm not able to sign in at yahoo.com...

I can't use yahoo services..

They say my password is wrong..

I just can't sign in with my nokia password and yahoo email id after logging in yo yahoo.com..

That is the problem..

I can't sign in to Flickr app in my phone too

Bmak55, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Sign-in with Old email

The problem is my administrator sign-in for Win 10 only works with an old, no-longer-active email address. When I attempt to sign-in to Win 10 with my current, active MS account email, it rejects my password, even though I know it has been entered correctly.
    Strangely, once I sign in to Win 10 with the old email, I can then log into my MS account with the current email and password.

I also have a local Win 10 sign-in account (non-administrator).

Ideally I would like the Win 10 administrator account to be my local account, with a non-administrator account using my current, active MS email.

How I can delete the old administrator account and change it to my local account?

Gandalf of the CT, Jan 24, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Can't sign in even know my password -- that's strange

Have you accidentally switched your account to a Microsoft account, and it's that password you need to give it now? It's easily done, signing into the store can do it if you don't tick a 'just use for this app' box, apparently.

Even if you can't get in with any password, you don't need to go as far as a reinstall. There's still a way in - activate the built-in Administrator account. You can then use that to reset the password for your account. You could also create another local account and make that an administrator too. It's always useful to have a 'spare' administrator handy for emergencies.

Sounds like Option Four in this tutorial is the best way in for you...
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option4
    ...and because booting from a recovery USB will ask for a password you'll probably need to use the Tip: '...then you can use OPTION SIX here to boot to Advanced Startup...'

5. I did try with my Microsoft account and still the same -- can't login. Will read Option 4 in the tutorial to see if that will work then come back here with the result.

John

imcanadian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't sign in even know my password -- that's strange

1. Can't sign in even know my password -- that's strange - Similar Threads - Can't sign password

2. Windows PC sign in is NOT accepting my password even after reset. I know the password is...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows PC sign in is NOT accepting my password even after reset. I know the password is...: 25/06/23- Turned on PC, the PIN had changed to a Microsoft account password option. - Typed in my password in. - This error messages displayed:'That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. If you can't remember your password, you...
  3. Windows PC sign in is NOT accepting my password even after reset. I know the password is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PC sign in is NOT accepting my password even after reset. I know the password is...: 25/06/23- Turned on PC, the PIN had changed to a Microsoft account password option. - Typed in my password in. - This error messages displayed:'That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. If you can't remember your password, you...
  4. Windows PC sign in is NOT accepting my password even after reset. I know the password is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i know my sign-in password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i know my sign-in password?: I usually signed in with my pin number of local account or microsoft account. I didn't save my password. I tried to reset password, but it was rejected because i didn't write down enough information. i haven't used this microsoft account for sending emails or buying for any...
  6. How can i know my sign-in password?

How can i know my sign-in password?: I usually signed in with my pin number of local account or microsoft account. I didn't save my password. I tried to reset password, but it was rejected because i didn't write down enough information. i haven't used this microsoft account for sending emails or buying for any...
  7. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.: I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password. It keeps sending me in circles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-even-though-i-have-my-pin-and/3ea3e244-7ff7-41fd-b4ef-48ba8ad3556c
  8. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.: I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password. It keeps sending me in circles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-even-though-i-have-my-pin-and/3ea3e244-7ff7-41fd-b4ef-48ba8ad3556c
  9. I can't sign in even though I have my pin and password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.: when signing in it says that my password is incorrect. Changing password doesn't help, I put my password into that and it says something along the lines of I need to use a different pass word than what I had before even though that's the password I've been using and hasn't...