Windows 10: Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this...

Discus and support Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone.I did a change for alias of my Microsoft account. And I can't sing-in into my system anymore. I have fingerprint and pin code sign-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dmytro Denysiuk, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this...

Hi everyone.I did a change for alias of my Microsoft account. And I can't sing-in into my system anymore. I have fingerprint and pin code sign-in types. But right now when I try to sign-in. I get error "Your credentials could not be verified". The same for Pin code but there is also error code status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0x0. But there is also button "Set up my Pin" which refers me to Microsoft login form. Where I can see the old alias predefined and message "The account is not exists". So I try to login with new alias and everything is fine. But in the end I get "Something went wrong". S

:)

Dmytro Denysiuk, Aug 6, 2022

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

Account help

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Change Account Primary Alias

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

By follow the steps below you can login using the alias and not the Microsoft account.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.

• In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this...

Microsoft account email alias problem

Hello Steven, *Smile

Your aliases share a single password, and you can send and receive email with each. Your primary alias will be the username you use to sign in to your account, the username that appears on your Windows 10 devices, and how you show up to recipients in email.

Is this what you did below to try and change your primary alias?

Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account

Brink, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this...

1. Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this... - Similar Threads - Can't sign system

2. Can't change account primary alias.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  3. Can't change account primary alias.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  4. Can't change account primary alias.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias: Hi Experts,Mi Microsoft account is linked to a hotmail address that I never use. I tried to change it to my gmail account, but all I get is an alias. I can login to my Ms account using the gmail address as a username, but the password is still that of the hotmail account I...
  6. Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change mail in Microsoft Account not an Alias: Hi Experts,Mi Microsoft account is linked to a hotmail address that I never use. I tried to change it to my gmail account, but all I get is an alias. I can login to my Ms account using the gmail address as a username, but the password is still that of the hotmail account I...
  7. Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this...: Hi everyone.I did a change for alias of my Microsoft account. And I can't sing-in into my system anymore. I have fingerprint and pin code sign-in types. But right now when I try to sign-in. I get error "Your credentials could not be verified". The same for Pin code but there...
  8. Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in into the system after changing Microsoft account alias assigned to this...: Hi everyone.I did a change for alias of my Microsoft account. And I can't sing-in into my system anymore. I have fingerprint and pin code sign-in types. But right now when I try to sign-in. I get error "Your credentials could not be verified". The same for Pin code but there...
  9. Can't change primary alias on Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't change primary alias on Microsoft account: I think this is the wrong Category and Topic, but I can't find the one that fits my needs. I've had a problem with my Microsoft account for years in which I can't change my primary alias. It's a personal Microsoft account that I am in charge of and am the sole user of. It's...
  10. Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account: How to: Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account How to Change the Primary Alias for your Microsoft Account [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and...