Windows 10: can't sign in lock screen freeze

Discus and support can't sign in lock screen freeze in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A few days ago my Dell precision workstation T3500 had an update then restarted. On reaching the lock screen where I sign in I could not do any thing... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LindaFugate, Dec 22, 2018.

1. can't sign in lock screen freeze

A few days ago my Dell precision workstation T3500 had an update then restarted. On reaching the lock screen where I sign in I could not do any thing the location where I enter my code will not pop up. there is no activity at all the only thing that seems to be functioning is the date and time.

:)

LindaFugate, Dec 22, 2018
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Dec 22, 2018
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Dec 22, 2018
  4. can't sign in lock screen freeze

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

can't sign in lock screen freeze [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

can't sign in lock screen freeze

1. can't sign in lock screen freeze - Similar Threads - can't sign lock

2. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  3. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in on lock screen: Computer boots up but won't give me sign in on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-on-lock-screen/039b940b-13e3-4cb0-8d92-0bd50b550a41
  4. No sign in on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...
  6. Can't sign in hello screen lock.

Can't sign in hello screen lock.: I can't able to sign in windows hello screen lock . Plz help me anyone. Im have been trying since morning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-hello-screen-lock/852d9d13-e3f7-4ca6-a978-b3a9db947dc3
  7. Lock Screen Sign On

Lock Screen Sign On: I have just had my laptop screen replaced so I logged on and setup my Microsoft acct. again , but when I signed out, little did I know I would never be able to sign in again.? It loads, it get's network, it shows not my name but a large HP under my pic. Then it already says...
  8. Lock & Sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock & Sign-in screen: When I turn on my computer, a picture of a lone backpack on a mountain w/a lake is shown (picture 1). When I move my mouse to bring up the screen where I can choose an account, I get the same screen. This also happens when I'm in Windows & lock the screen (which I rarely...
  9. different lock screen and sign in screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    different lock screen and sign in screen?: In 1607, the lock screen can be shown on the sign in screen. If disabled, it shows a solid color. Is there a way I can use Spotlight for my lock screen and set the Hero image as my sign in screen background? 63183
  10. Screen freezing at sign in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen freezing at sign in: My sign in screen freezes up and I can't sign in. Is there a way to fix this? 19666

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign in from lockscreen