Windows 10: Can't sign in - log on missing

Discus and support Can't sign in - log on missing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When turning on my laptop, it goes normaly, but i cant log in, the profile picture and the bar where the password is typed is gone. Already tried... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jhon, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Jhon Win User

Can't sign in - log on missing

When turning on my laptop, it goes normaly, but i cant log in, the profile picture and the bar where the password is typed is gone.

Already tried restarting 3 times and opening in safe mode and logged in from there, run chkdsk and restart. But still i cant log in , in normal boot.
    Laptop is working properly until now

:)

2. kytobond Win User

[WINDOWS 10] Can't sign in with a microsoft account and Cortana doesn't speak

I can't see any screne but a sign in screen.

The sign in screen rejects my password attempts.

No I do not have a USB password disk.

New computer. was on my check list.

I had/have a local log in.

Last time I logged in I noticed features missing.

Could not log on the microsoft account.

kytobond, Jan 23, 2017
  3. FredChild Win User
    Windows 10. adding family children

Hi.

I have set up my two children on my spare laptop, windows 10 and up to date, and they can log in OK. However, their profiles have come up on my desktop with a message against their log in ID as "can't sign in" is there something i have missed?

Fred

FredChild, Jan 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, As a matter of routine, also download and use Crystal Diskinfo (free) to check your disk's SMART parameters and advise the result (quick red/orange/green indication).

Recovery possibilities:
    Do you have any system restore points you can use?
    Do you have any disk images you can use to revert to a point before this happened? (We strongly and repeatedly recommend disk imaging to protect your data and your PC and give you a relatively quick way of recovering without needing technical help- e.g. Macrium Reflect (free)).

Are you aware of any changes that occurred that might have caused this?

If neither of the above, you could consider restoring the backup registry.

Other ideas: what happens if
    - in Safe Mode, you use msconfig to do a Diagnostic startup - can you log in then?
    - you create a new user in Safe Mode and try to boot and log in normally?

dalchina, Jan 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't sign in - log on missing - Similar Threads - Can't sign log

2. Can't log out because haven't "signed in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log out because haven't "signed in": I had my laptop for my birthday, my parents obviously doesn't want me to know before it's time to give it to me but them and the store seller somehow made an Microsoft email for me when I already have one AND THE PASSWORD THEY GIVE IS FALSE. Here's the thing, I don't care...
  3. Can't log out because haven't "signed in"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log out because haven't "signed in": I had my laptop for my birthday, my parents obviously doesn't want me to know before it's time to give it to me but them and the store seller somehow made an Microsoft email for me when I already have one AND THE PASSWORD THEY GIVE IS FALSE. Here's the thing, I don't care...
  4. Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out: I have my microsoft account signed in on my laptop. My sister one day, logged in her hotmail account on microsoft word to sync her files and ever since then, I can't sign it out to sign in my account. The microsoft account signed in the laptop became hers including the...
  5. Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out

Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out: I have my microsoft account signed in on my laptop. My sister one day, logged in her hotmail account on microsoft word to sync her files and ever since then, I can't sign it out to sign in my account. The microsoft account signed in the laptop became hers including the...
  6. Azure sign-in logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Azure sign-in logs: Hi,I've been tracking some activity which I think is somewhat malicious. Within sign-in logs I've noticed quite a few failures from user accounts under application "Microsoft Azure CLI". Over the last month there has been an ever-increasing amount of this traffic from users...
  7. sign in option is missing

sign in option is missing: How can I get to computer if the sign in option is missing? I tried to restart multiple times already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-missing/718932b5-14b1-43b0-813c-c8b4e811790d
  8. I can't log in to my laptop as there is some windows sign on it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log in to my laptop as there is some windows sign on it: So i just booted up my laptop and i was, at the lock screen and there was this windows sign in thing on it i clicked on it and my screen went black for like 30 seconds then it went back to the lockscreen with thing still there and it did the same thing again when i clicked on...
  9. pin sign-in option missing--can't log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pin sign-in option missing--can't log in: Hi there, We have an HP tablet and have only ever signed in with a pin--don't even think a password was set, if that's possible. The other day, the pin option to sign in was not there, only sign in options available were password and smart card. Because we have no passwords...
  10. Missing LOG files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing LOG files: Ran sfc /scannow (cannot create Recovery USB stick for my win 10 (1511) system because of corrupt files) and received following message:- "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...