Windows 10: Can't sign in Office Apps?

Discus and support Can't sign in Office Apps? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For some reason, my Office apps keeps showing a "Sign in" button at the top even though I have tried signing off and in again several times. At the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JohnnyGui, Mar 4, 2020.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Can't sign in Office Apps?

For some reason, my Office apps keeps showing a "Sign in" button at the top even though I have tried signing off and in again several times.

At the same time, the Office Account settings already shows that I am signed in, but it's not showing my profile picture.

Restarting Office apps and rebooting Windows does not fix this. I am using Office 2019 version 1808 (build 10356.20006)

What is the cause of this?

:)

JohnnyGui, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Pre-installed Office apps on Lumia 950xl do not allow editing

The following steps worked for me (don't ask me how or why Can't sign in Office Apps? :( ):

• Click any office app on windows phone.
    • In the screen, it shows New, Browse & recent files. It also shows my name/account at the top-right.
    • Clicking on you name/account at top-right shows 2 accounts associated with this application.
      • Personal Account
      • Official Account
    • Clicking on any of these accounts, only gives an option to sign-out.
    • Since Microsoft Support technical team suggested that I reset my device. I did not want to reinstall all the apps, take backups & then reconfigure all of these again after the reset, unless it was the only option left.
    • With no better option, I clicked sign-out on both the accounts listed in step 4 above. I then signed in with my official account. I was able to create new Office documents now.
    • I logged-in to my other personal account also now. My office app still worked & allows me to access onedrive associated with both my personal & business accounts.

I was facing the same issues & even had multiple calls with Microsoft Support & waiting for a resolution.

Going through the above thread, I realized that multiple Microsoft accounts (personal & office) are associated with these apps. When I signed out of both these accounts from within the app & signed back in, I was able to edit using the office apps.

Hope this helps!

Arvind-Tiwari, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Can't sign in Office Apps?

Office 365 on Continuum

The following steps worked for me (don't ask me how or why Can't sign in Office Apps? :( ):

• Click any office app on windows phone.
    • In the screen, it shows New, Browse & recent files. It also shows my name/account at the top-right.
    • Clicking on you name/account at top-right shows 2 accounts associated with this application.
      • Personal Account
      • Official Account
    • Clicking on any of these accounts, only gives an option to sign-out.
    • Since Microsoft Support technical team suggested that I reset my device. I did not want to reinstall all the apps, take backups & then reconfigure all of these again after the reset, unless it was the only option left.
    • With no better option, I clicked sign-out on both the accounts listed in step 4 above. I then signed in with my official account. I was able to create new Office documents now.
    • I logged-in to my other personal account also now. My office app still worked & allows me to access onedrive associated with both my personal & business accounts.

I was facing the same issues & even had multiple calls with Microsoft Support & waiting for a resolution.

Going through the above thread, I realized that multiple Microsoft accounts (personal & office) are associated with these apps. When I signed out of both these accounts from within the app & signed back in, I was able to edit using the office apps.

Hope this helps!

Arvind-Tiwari, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign in Office Apps?

1. Can't sign in Office Apps? - Similar Threads - Can't sign Office

2. Can't sign in to Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Xbox App: I know that this issue has been adressed a lot of times but i'm pretty desperate to not being able to use the game pass and i pretty much tried everything i've found.So you know how it begins, when i'm on the Xbox App, nothing happens when I try to log in. Things i've found...
  3. Can't sign in to Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to Xbox App: I know that this issue has been adressed a lot of times but i'm pretty desperate to not being able to use the game pass and i pretty much tried everything i've found.So you know how it begins, when i'm on the Xbox App, nothing happens when I try to log in. Things i've found...
  4. Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps

Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps: Suddenly I can't open document editor like pdf editor foxit and all microsoft apps excel, word, powerpoint unless i run as administrator. i have tried reinstall microsoft office, make new user, repair microsoft office and pdf editor but nothing helps. Right now i need to open...
  5. Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps: Suddenly I can't open document editor like pdf editor foxit and all microsoft apps excel, word, powerpoint unless i run as administrator. i have tried reinstall microsoft office, make new user, repair microsoft office and pdf editor but nothing helps. Right now i need to open...
  6. Can't sign in to mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to mail app: I have been using Mail and calender app for months. Recently I accidently deleted the app data after it the most apps are not working correctly. So I reinstalled some apps. Mail app is one the apps. After it installs again i tried to add my account. But a adding account...
  7. Can't sign in to mail app

Can't sign in to mail app: I have been using Mail and calender app for months. Recently I accidently deleted the app data after it the most apps are not working correctly. So I reinstalled some apps. Mail app is one the apps. After it installs again i tried to add my account. But a adding account...
  8. Can't sign in in the Xboxbeta app

Can't sign in in the Xboxbeta app: I recently bought Forza Horizon 4, so i downloaded it on the Microsoft store and then installed the xbox beta app so i could play with friends. Every time i try to sign in in the app, it says something along the lines of "You were unable to sign in to Xbox Live". My account...
  9. Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 apps keep asking for sign in: I have registered Word, Excel 365 & Co to my Microsoft account. Since a few weeks, these apps show me signed out when I restart my PC. When I sign in using my Microsoft account UserID, I get logged in without being asked for a password. This happens on all my PCs. When I go...
  10. Store Apps and Office Apps cannot sign in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store Apps and Office Apps cannot sign in: We are using Office 365 and some Store apps in which our user login with there Office365/Azure credentials. For about a month some user cannot login into their Office365 or Store apps. They are able to type in their mail address, but upon confirmation of that the login...