Windows 10: Can't sign in on Xbox for Windows app

Discus and support Can't sign in on Xbox for Windows app in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm trying to buy game pass on windows but I need to sign in to do that. When I try to sign in, the sign in button does nothing. I click on it and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Daniel386, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Daniel386 Win User

Can't sign in on Xbox for Windows app

I'm trying to buy game pass on windows but I need to sign in to do that. When I try to sign in, the sign in button does nothing. I click on it and nothing happens. This also happens on the feedback center.

:)

Daniel386, Aug 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 Xbox App Sign in error (0x409) 0x80070005

Hi,

Corrupted profile data, an outdated version of the app, and software conflicts that occur when signing in are some of the factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with signing in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Let's isolate
    your concern by answering the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device or to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the Xbox app and your Windows 10 PC?
    • Are you using an administrator user profile?
    • Have you tried signing in to other built-in Windows 10 apps like the Store app to check if the same issue occurs?

Meanwhile, we suggest signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user data. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the
      Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select
      Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Sign in to the Xbox app and check if the same issue occurs.

Catherine Cus., Aug 30, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Can't sign in to xbox app on windows 10 laptop

Hi,

A corrupted file is one of the possible reasons as to why you can't sign in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Changing some the network settings can help to resolve the issue. To change your network settings, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then type
      Internet Options in the search box.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click on the
      LAN settings button.
    • Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN, and then check
      Automatically detect settings.
    • Click OK, and then click OK
      again to save the settings.
    • Launch Xbox app and sign in again.

If you still unable to sign in to Xbox app, kindly reset the app from the Settings menu by performing the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select
      Apps & features
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Can't sign in to xbox app on windows 10 laptop

Thank you for the information. Can you tell us if you have another Microsoft accounts associated with your Windows 10? Also, can you tell us if you recently changed your account password? For us to isolate more your concern, we suggest that you sign in your
    Microsoft account online through Xbox.com to make sure that you can access it normally. If so, let's remove the account that you're trying to sign in on the Xbox app by performing the following steps:

• On your PC, press the Windows key and select the gear icon to access
      Settings page.
    • Go to Accounts.
    • Find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select
      Remove
    • Go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.

Ariel Acu, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't sign in on Xbox for Windows app - Similar Threads - Can't sign Xbox

2. Can't sign in to either windows store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to either windows store or xbox app: Been having issues signing into my Microsoft store and Xbox app, every time I try to sign in I just get an error saying something went wrong. I've made sure windows is up to date on all my updates, and I even did a clean install of windows and the problem still persists. I...
  3. Can't sign in to either windows store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to either windows store or xbox app: Been having issues signing into my Microsoft store and Xbox app, every time I try to sign in I just get an error saying something went wrong. I've made sure windows is up to date on all my updates, and I even did a clean install of windows and the problem still persists. I...
  4. Can't sign in to Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Xbox App: I know that this issue has been adressed a lot of times but i'm pretty desperate to not being able to use the game pass and i pretty much tried everything i've found.So you know how it begins, when i'm on the Xbox App, nothing happens when I try to log in. Things i've found...
  5. Can't sign in to Xbox App

Can't sign in to Xbox App: I know that this issue has been adressed a lot of times but i'm pretty desperate to not being able to use the game pass and i pretty much tried everything i've found.So you know how it begins, when i'm on the Xbox App, nothing happens when I try to log in. Things i've found...
  6. Can't sign in to Xbox app or install games on the app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Xbox app or install games on the app.: I have just got back into the xbox game pass and have installed the xbox app for PC. unfortunately with the app I am unable to sign in or install games. whenever I click "sign in" a white window pops up for a second then closes. I tried installing a game despite the sign in...
  7. Can't sign in to Xbox app or install games on the app.

Can't sign in to Xbox app or install games on the app.: I have just got back into the xbox game pass and have installed the xbox app for PC. unfortunately with the app I am unable to sign in or install games. whenever I click "sign in" a white window pops up for a second then closes. I tried installing a game despite the sign in...
  8. Can't sign in xbox app. error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign in xbox app. error: I keep an error when trying to sign in the xbox app or when i try to verify my account in settingsError Code: 00000000 Correlation Id: fabcffe8705b41f0aa8bcde14c0dbd55 Timestamp: 2021-07-29T11:32:39.655Z...
  9. Can't sign into my Xbox app on windows 10

Can't sign into my Xbox app on windows 10: Hello, I'm having a problem logging into the Xbox app on windows. When I try to login I press the profile icon in the top right and press sign in. [ATTACH] It then brings me to this pop up tab and after I press next and put in my email and password it brings me to this...
  10. Can't sign in to Xbox app on Windows

Can't sign in to Xbox app on Windows: I've been trying for days. I reinstalled countless times, I've signed out of my account on my pc and tried signing in, I've tried resetting the data, I've treid everything. This morning it actually signed me in for a few hours then glitched out and now I can't sign back in....