Windows 10: Can't sign in or change accounts.

Discus and support Can't sign in or change accounts. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10, and an old computer I haven't used in a while. I start up, and I see the lock screen, which is just the time and date over my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by whatever1212322113, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Can't sign in or change accounts.

I have windows 10, and an old computer I haven't used in a while. I start up, and I see the lock screen, which is just the time and date over my background. When I press any key it brings me to my account, without any ability to change accounts or anything except sign in. I can't do ctrl alt delete or any other command, and I don't have the password to my old account so I can't log in. I don't know if I am on a local account or something, but I can't get into my computer.

:)

whatever1212322113, Dec 19, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Teokute Win User

Can't sign in or change accounts.

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Can't sign in or change accounts. :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign in or change accounts.

1. Can't sign in or change accounts. - Similar Threads - Can't sign change

2. I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11: I have been researching this issue for a couple weeks without success.I've always had my PC Originally Windows 10 set up to sign on with no password, with my primary hotmail account attached. Same hotmail account I use for Xbox, and many other microsoft servicesI have Office...
  3. I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the primary sign on account Windows 11: I have been researching this issue for a couple weeks without success.I've always had my PC Originally Windows 10 set up to sign on with no password, with my primary hotmail account attached. Same hotmail account I use for Xbox, and many other microsoft servicesI have Office...
  4. Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop.: Reposting due to no valuable responsesAfter a factory reset resulting from failed motherboard, I cannot change Windows sign in from local account to Microsoft account.From Windows Key > Settings > Accounts > Account Settings > Your Info > Account Settings: I select, "Sign in...
  5. Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop.

Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop.: Reposting due to no valuable responsesAfter a factory reset resulting from failed motherboard, I cannot change Windows sign in from local account to Microsoft account.From Windows Key > Settings > Accounts > Account Settings > Your Info > Account Settings: I select, "Sign in...
  6. Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop: I cannot change Windows sign in from local account to Microsoft account.From Account Settings I select, "Sign in with Microsoft account instead", I enter my Microsoft email & PW, I get Authenticator notification and I approve.I get the "Sign into this computer using Microsoft...
  7. Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop

Can't change sign in from local account to Microsoft account on laptop: I cannot change Windows sign in from local account to Microsoft account.From Account Settings I select, "Sign in with Microsoft account instead", I enter my Microsoft email & PW, I get Authenticator notification and I approve.I get the "Sign into this computer using Microsoft...
  8. Can't sign into your account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't sign into your account: I was playing Minecraft and it crashed. And I tried to restart to close Minecraft but after restarting, their is a window telling me "Can't sign into your account." I tried to sign out and sign back in as instructed but it didn't work. How can I solve the problem?...
  9. Unable to change account to sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change account to sign in: Years ago I enrolled on Microsoft with a junk email account that was not used out of necessity to setup. Now I am actually using attempting Microsoft account Cloud and Drive capabilities under an active email account via gmail. This singular gmail account name has...
  10. Can't sign in with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in with microsoft account: Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago. 17282