Windows 10: Cant sign in to desktop pc. Message “”Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.”...

Discus and support Cant sign in to desktop pc. Message “”Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.”... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i turned on my desktop today to see screensaver with message something happened and your PIN isnt available. Invited to use Password instead but i have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SandyMcM, Mar 31, 2020.

1. SandyMcM Win User

Cant sign in to desktop pc. Message “”Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.”...

i turned on my desktop today to see screensaver with message something happened and your PIN isnt available. Invited to use Password instead but i have forgotten it! It then goes on about installing a Password Reset Wizard.....but my computer is stuck on screensaver and i cant access the microsoft windows menu to initiate any sort of remedial work. Pleasehelp.

:)

SandyMcM, Mar 31, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Cant sign in to desktop pc. Message “”Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.”...

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Cant sign in to desktop pc. Message “”Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.”... - Similar Threads - Cant sign desktop

2. Can’t login. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.: I was trying to do a clean boot and in msconfig hit “disable all” as was instructed. I then disabled some individual apps from being enabled at start up but just Steam, Spotify, etc. Now when I try to log in, I get this message saying my PIN isn’t available. There’s no way...
  3. Can’t login. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available.: I was trying to do a clean boot and in msconfig hit “disable all” as was instructed. I then disabled some individual apps from being enabled at start up but just Steam, Spotify, etc. Now when I try to log in, I get this message saying my PIN isn’t available. There’s no way...
  4. Something happened and your pin isn’t available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your pin isn’t available: Cannot use my pin on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/c9164d74-4cc9-4b08-acc9-bc5da7588e43
  5. Something happened and your pin isn’t available

Something happened and your pin isn’t available: Cannot use my pin on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-and-your-pin-isnt-available/c9164d74-4cc9-4b08-acc9-bc5da7588e43
  6. Something happened and your pin isn’t available

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again isn’t...

Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again isn’t...: Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again isn’t available. Sign in with password isn’t available!!Hi, I can see that other people are having the same issue as I am. I recently installed Windows 11. And suddenly I am unable to gain access...
  8. Computer says something happened and your pin isn’t available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer says something happened and your pin isn’t available: [IMG]Then whenever i click set up my pin it says im not connected to the internet which i am , i tried resetting the computer then it asks for my admin password which i have also forgot anyway of getting by this...
  9. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your PIN isn’t available: This is a major problem my pc is facing. I am going to tell you how it lead up to that. I was looking for a answer for when i right click my file explorer says “Not responding” one of the answers said to go to system configuration and end all task. Then I restarted my pc and...
  10. Something happened and your PIN isn’t available message on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Something happened and your PIN isn’t available message on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 has brought many improvements including improved security. One of those improved security features is an option to sign in with a PIN code. […] This article Something happened and your PIN isn’t available message on Windows 10 first appeared on...