Windows 10: Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

Discus and support Can't "sign in" to local admin account. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I intern as the "IT" guy at my high school and was put on this project. The picture above pops up every time I sign into the local admin... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joshua Sexauer, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

Can't "sign in" to local admin account. f2ed09c9-cf0d-4fd9-9442-03bfe425015a?upload=true.png

So I intern as the "IT" guy at my high school and was put on this project. The picture above pops up every time I sign into the local admin account. If I try any other accounts on aforementioned PC, it works fine. When setting up the computer for the first time we used Windows 10, chose offline accounts and limited experience. This means there is no online login and no password for this account. I have tried turning the computer on and off, signing out, restarting, running diagnostics, and nothing works. I would be relieved if it was something simple that I just overlooked in my lack of experience in windows 10.

Thanks for any help.

:)

Joshua Sexauer, Mar 6, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Mar 6, 2020
  4. C0zzie Win User

Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

1. Can't "sign in" to local admin account. - Similar Threads - Can't sign local

2. Can't sign in with new local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in with new local account: I've set up tons of computers in this manner:1 I sign on as the administrator under my microsoft account.2 I create a new local user account and set it as an administrator account as well.3 I switch users and the new user account shows up in the list of users and I can sign...
  3. Can't sign in with new local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in with new local account: I've set up tons of computers in this manner:1 I sign on as the administrator under my microsoft account.2 I create a new local user account and set it as an administrator account as well.3 I switch users and the new user account shows up in the list of users and I can sign...
  4. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  5. Can't sign in to local account

Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  6. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  8. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  9. Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset sign-in password admin account from a local account: Hi. I have a problem.. My password from admin account has changed without my permission. Do you know how to reset it? I have a local account if this can help.....
  10. Can't sign in with Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in with Local Account: I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked. When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the...