Windows 10: Can't sign in to mail app

Discus and support Can't sign in to mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Mail and calender app for months. Recently I accidently deleted the app data after it the most apps are not working correctly. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by minukjayathilake, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Can't sign in to mail app

I have been using Mail and calender app for months. Recently I accidently deleted the app data after it the most apps are not working correctly. So I reinstalled some apps. Mail app is one the apps. After it installs again i tried to add my account. But a adding account window pop out and get closed suddenly and i don't know the reason. How do I fix the above issue?

:)

minukjayathilake, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't sign in to mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Claw57 Win User
    Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago.
    Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail app when signed in under my User account. (previously worked fine.)
    If I sign in under my Admin account, the mail app works normally.
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail/calendar app, and now I don't even have the icons to launch them- not even listed on the start menu, except when using the Admin account.
    Is there another way to launch or repair the app?
    Any suggested fixes?
    Don't want to keep having to sign in as Admin just to read my email.
    Thanks!

Claw57, Dec 2, 2021
  4. jamis Win User

Can't sign in to mail app

Can’t Sign In to w10 Mail App..

We get our e-mail via our ISP. W10 Mail has been set up for this provider and says so if you try to add the ISP to the app. When you open the W10 Mail app., the sign in is grayed out and the app will only allow adding a mail server. Not sure what is wrong, and have no idea how to make W10 Mail work. Suggestions please. Would like to use w10 Mail as opposed to a free e-mail app. We are currently using the old Windows Live Mail app., but it’s beginning to have issues with syncing and delivering the “unknown error” message on some e-mails.

Update: I reset the W10 Mail app. and attempted to add the ISP to it. Still getting the response that the e-mail address is already set up and the sign in is still grayed out.
    Update2: I uninstalled W10 Mail and Calendar. Ran CCleaner, rebooted, and installed W10 Mail and Calendar from the Microsoft Store. Sign in is still grayed out. Tried to add my e-Mail address to the app and it says it’s already there. Still no sign in.

jamis, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Can't sign in to mail app

1. Can't sign in to mail app - Similar Threads - Can't sign mail

2. I can't sign into the native mail app on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign into the native mail app on windows 11: For some reason I can't sign into the native mail app in Windows with my gmail accounts. I've tried selecting google as the mail provider and the app just get stuck after I sign in on google. I was able to add gmail accounts to outlook with no problems....
  3. I can't sign into the native mail app on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign into the native mail app on windows 11: For some reason I can't sign into the native mail app in Windows with my gmail accounts. I've tried selecting google as the mail provider and the app just get stuck after I sign in on google. I was able to add gmail accounts to outlook with no problems....
  4. I can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail with my upgraded Proton mail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail with my upgraded Proton mail account: i am using windows 10 22h2 pro with all latest windows updates installed I tried the following: https://proton.me/mail/bridgeeven though i had my valid my username and password i can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail app but i can sign in any web browser...
  5. I can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail with my upgraded Proton mail account

I can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail with my upgraded Proton mail account: i am using windows 10 22h2 pro with all latest windows updates installed I tried the following: https://proton.me/mail/bridgeeven though i had my valid my username and password i can't sign in thunderbird mail app and windows mail app but i can sign in any web browser...
  6. Can't sign in to mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to mail app: I have been using Mail and calender app for months. Recently I accidently deleted the app data after it the most apps are not working correctly. So I reinstalled some apps. Mail app is one the apps. After it installs again i tried to add my account. But a adding account...
  7. Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App: I have a work account from my company. I try to sign in to my work account at Mail App, but I have trouble that I have to receive an email yet. The advanced mailbox setup has been corrected and I got it from my company. Until now, I can't sign in to my work account. How to...
  8. Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App

Can't sign in to my work account at Mail App: I have a work account from my company. I try to sign in to my work account at Mail App, but I have trouble that I have to receive an email yet. The advanced mailbox setup has been corrected and I got it from my company. Until now, I can't sign in to my work account. How to...
  9. Mail app sign in error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app sign in error: Whenever I try to sign in to mail app 1. I enter gmail 2. I enter password 3. Then it's asks what to call you I enter my name 4. It show 'We could not find your settings 0x80070490' Help I am unable to add account Windows 10 Pro latest version 32bit...
  10. Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail

Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail: So recently I got a new laptop. I'm not sure where it came from, but it definitely wasn't brand new. I reset the whole thing after getting it for extra measures. Then I proceed to get my own info into this baby. [ATTACH]And here we have the device specifications in the...