Windows 10: Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt

Discus and support Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't sign in to Microsoft Account because after selecting an account to sign in, this window shows up instead of proper login so I can't do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeozKaho, Jul 23, 2020.

1. NeozKaho Win User

Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt

I can't sign in to Microsoft Account because after selecting an account to sign in, this window shows up instead of proper login so I can't do anything. This happened on Edge and when I click on Verify identity in Settings > Your Info. Any ideas?

Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt 6831ff85-fa24-46c1-980e-805104504c2e?upload=true.jpg

:)

NeozKaho, Jul 23, 2020
  2. NeozKaho Win User

I can't sign in to Microsoft Account because after selecting an account to sign in, this window shows up instead of proper login so I can't do anything. This happened on Edge and when I click on Verify identity in Settings > Your Info. Any ideas?

Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt 6831ff85-fa24-46c1-980e-805104504c2e?upload=true.jpg

NeozKaho, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt

Prompt to Sign-in With Microsoft Account Not Appearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state(net user administrator /active:no) to help keep the customer’s PC secure.

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Please let us know in the comments if you have additional findings.

Rohit Chettri, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt - Similar Threads - Can't sign Microsoft

2. Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus: I can't sign in to microsft on my windows 10 pc. I know it's my antivirus. I've tried allowing microsoft.com, live.com. What website or address does microsoft use so I add it to my antivirus so that it allows it?...
  3. Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus: I can't sign in to microsft on my windows 10 pc. I know it's my antivirus. I've tried allowing microsoft.com, live.com. What website or address does microsoft use so I add it to my antivirus so that it allows it?...
  4. Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into Microsoft account: Can't sign into my Microsoft, store and Xbox accounts on my PC. I can log in fine via the browser.When I click "Sign In" a window appears for a second and then disappears.If I try to "Add someone else to this PC", the same happens, a window appears for a second and then...
  6. Can't sign into a microsoft account

Can't sign into a microsoft account: I've done all I could; even to the extent of a Windows reinstall. I also cannot check for updates. This includes but is not limited to:Microsoft account service automatic did nothingGPolicy microsoft account did nothingwsreset did nothingWindows reinstall did...
  7. Can't sign in with a microsoft account because of wrong windows password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign in with a microsoft account because of wrong windows password: Hi there, I had been using a 'local' account in my laptop and because using a Microsoft account is easier with a windows laptop I thought of switching to it, but I cannot "sign in with a microsoft account instead" because it asks the current windows password and I have...
  8. Can't sign in with microsoft account

Can't sign in with microsoft account: Hi I just reinstalled my Windows 10 pro and I didn't sign in with my microsoft account during it because I had to install my wifi driver manually after the OS install and now I can't sign in with my Microsoft account. When I click on the sign in, the regular login form window...
  9. Can't sign in with Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in with Microsoft Account: I am currently not able to sign-in with my Microsoft Account into the Microsoft Store. Every time I try it, it says just "We encountered an Error. Please try signing in again later.". I am also not able to login into the Xbox App. When I try to sign in there, it says:"We are...
  10. Can't sign in with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in with microsoft account: Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago. 17282