Windows 10: Can't Sign in to Microsoft Profile for Windows login.

Discus and support Can't Sign in to Microsoft Profile for Windows login. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, I was recently playing a game that crashed my laptop running Windows 10. I then had scandisk check my hard drive without my consent.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SamuelMeachem, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Can't Sign in to Microsoft Profile for Windows login.

Hi there, I was recently playing a game that crashed my laptop running Windows 10. I then had scandisk check my hard drive without my consent. Following this, my laptop turned on and I typed in my Microsoft account pin. However, Windows is saying it can't sign in and creates a temporary profile. I tried to fix this by editing the registry to change the reference count and then also deleted my profile in the registry and changed the name of a back-up account to remove the ".bak" suffix. I also tried resetting my Microsoft account password and tried signing in using that but this has also failed. How can I try and prevent Windows from using a temporary sign in and get back to my old desktop so I can edit files again?

I currently can't use scandisk while in the temporary account.

:)

SamuelMeachem, Dec 13, 2020

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Dec 13, 2020
  3. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

Hi Vicki Longnecker,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the complete error message that you get when you try to login to your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any other administrator user account on the computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?

Also, you can try launching the On-Screen Keyboard from the sign-in screen by selecting the
    Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen, and then select
    On-Screen Keyboard. Type the password using the On-Screen Keyboard and check if you are able to login to your computer.

I have gone through your post and it appears that this issue could be due to a
    user profile corruption or an existence of a temporary profile. In order to get clarity on this issue, I would suggest you to follow the steps below.

I suggest you to first Start your PC in Safe Mode and check if you are able to login to your computer.

If you are able to login to your user account in Safe Mode, then go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on the C: drive (drive where Operating System is installed) >
    Users folder. In the Users folder, check for any profiles with an unusual name or if there is a profile named as Temp and please reply us with the result.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 13, 2020
  4. bkshiroma Win User

Can't Sign in to Microsoft Profile for Windows login.

Login screen with no profiles to sign into

My computer just updated (I'm assuming) to the anniversary edition, and I occasionally have sign-in problems. I normally have my computer set to sign in automatically, but when I turned on the PC this morning, it didn't. It went to the sign-in screen, but there was no way to sign into any profiles (there are two on my computer, one for me and one for my wife). The only options available were to shut down and restart (there was one more, but I have a Japanese PC, and I'm not sure what that option was). I restarted and the computer signed in normally.

Then later on, my wife tried to switch to her profile, and it went right back to that login screen with no options to go to either her profile or my profile. So again, I had to restart, and now I can get into both.

Has anyone else had this problem?

bkshiroma, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't Sign in to Microsoft Profile for Windows login.

1. Can't Sign in to Microsoft Profile for Windows login. - Similar Threads - Can't Sign Microsoft

2. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  3. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  4. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't Login to User Profile after Windows Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Login to User Profile after Windows Update: Good Day!For some reason after an update in my OS...Edition: Windows ProfessionalVersion: 2009OS Build: 10.0.19044.1288...my laptop login screen is not appearing anymore. All I can see is just wallpaper, ease of access & power icons.I even tried Custom Install w/ keep my...
  6. Can't Login to User Profile after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Login to User Profile after Windows Update: Good Day!For some reason after an update in my OS...Edition: Windows ProfessionalVersion: 2009OS Build: 10.0.19044.1288...my laptop login screen is not appearing anymore. All I can see is just wallpaper, ease of access & power icons.I even tried Custom Install w/ keep my...
  7. I can't sign into my Microsoft account on any of my windows profiles

I can't sign into my Microsoft account on any of my windows profiles: I have been trying to sign into my Microsoft account so I can connect my Xbox to this PC. But, every time i click one of the "Sign in ----" options this grey window pops up and almost immediately disappears before I can even freeze it to see what it isit took me so long to...
  8. Can't sign in to any Windows profiles on laptop

Can't sign in to any Windows profiles on laptop: Recently my laptop has stopped allowing me to sign into any Windows profiles. When I start it up I use a fingerprint to sign in to the laptop, which brings up my Windows profile. But it won't sign in to any Windows services such as Hotmail, or Windows Update service, or the...
  9. Login screen with no profiles to sign into

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen with no profiles to sign into: My computer just updated (I'm assuming) to the anniversary edition, and I occasionally have sign-in problems. I normally have my computer set to sign in automatically, but when I turned on the PC this morning, it didn't. It went to the sign-in screen, but there was no way to...
  10. Can't sign in to new User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in to new User Profile: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on an HP laptop last year. I can create a new user profile but receive the error message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" when I try to sign in to it, with no further explanation of...