Windows 10: Can't sign in to Microsoft Teams (even though I'm using the correct credentials)

Discus and support Can't sign in to Microsoft Teams (even though I'm using the correct credentials) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is the error message. desktop-313a516f-98e6-4d20-a9a9-42e33139017c Error code – -201 ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Failed to load: https:// Clearly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mike Ward 99, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Can't sign in to Microsoft Teams (even though I'm using the correct credentials)

This is the error message.
    desktop-313a516f-98e6-4d20-a9a9-42e33139017c
    Error code – -201 ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
    Failed to load: https://

Clearly there's a certificates problem (the one on our server expired but has now been replaced). Everyone else in our company except me was then able to resume sue of Teams. How do I fix the problem on my PC?

:)

Mike Ward 99, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

The 'recent credentials sign in' message popped up in my laptop action centre.
    Nothing had been changed.
    So I signed into my Ms Account to the credential section.
    The email address in the drop down list was not current. The address was changed Jan 2015 and gmail has been in use on the laptop since that date. So my choice was to click on 'nothing applies' and do the next steps.
    The sign in required an alternate email address. Fortunately I have one handy. This security routine has a 30 day wait period.
    Now I have found the tutorial 37536 illustrating deleting extra accounts but I don't think I can do this because the security section is not available for 30 days. I had no idea this control panel item was available but only the tutorial informed what could be done with this data.
    It is amazing that 1.5 yr has gone by and the old email is still in there as a credential. I suppose after 30 days I can delete the hurontel address. I found it odd that the old email address was on the drop down list for a contact. Its a dead end address.
    Now that I have made the credential 'visit' can I assume the hurontel address is gone from MS records and I can delete it in the control panel credential section and not have to sign back into the MSAccount credential section because the correct address is listed?

Can't sign in to Microsoft Teams (even though I'm using the correct credentials) [​IMG]

Rose W, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Error: "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again" on Windows 10

Hi Irish,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you disable the third-party anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If
    you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you are done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: Change the settings in Windows Credentials.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Credential Manager icon.
    • Select Windows Credentials at the top right in Credential Manager.
    • Under the Generic Credentials section, look for the listed
      MicrosoftAccount:user= (Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account.
    • Expand open the MicrosoftAccount:user=(Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account, and click/tap on Remove.
    • Click on Yes to confirm.
    • Sign out from the current user account, sign in and check with the status of this issue.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of verifying the user account credentials for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Rose W Win User

Can't sign in to Microsoft Teams (even though I'm using the correct credentials)

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't sign in to Microsoft Teams (even though I'm using the correct credentials)

1. Can't sign in to Microsoft Teams (even though I'm using the correct credentials) - Similar Threads - Can't sign Microsoft

2. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  3. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not working even though it’s correct: I literally have finals in a day and I need my laptop because all my studies are in it but suddenly my pin isn’t working!! I’m 100% it’s correct but it’s not working and my fingerprint doesn’t recognize my print anymore but I haven’t used it in like a year and I forgot my...
  4. Pin not working even though it’s correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error 0x803F8001 even though I'm logged into the correct account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x803F8001 even though I'm logged into the correct account: After downloading Minecraft, Java Edition, Error 0x803F8001 popped up saying I wasn't logged into the Microsoft store. I then logged in, to the correct account, trust me, I checked several times, and it still didn't open for the exact same reason. Help?...
  6. Error 0x803F8001 even though I'm logged into the correct account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x803F8001 even though I'm logged into the correct account: After downloading Minecraft, Java Edition, Error 0x803F8001 popped up saying I wasn't logged into the Microsoft store. I then logged in, to the correct account, trust me, I checked several times, and it still didn't open for the exact same reason. Help?...
  7. Can’t sign into computer even though my password is correct

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign into computer even though my password is correct: I recently restarted my pc, and when I turned it back on, I entered my pin like usual. However, even though I’m sure it was correct, no matter how many times I enter it, I always get the message “That password is incorrect. Make sure you’re using the password for your...
  8. Files saving on a "TEMP" folder even though I'm signed in?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files saving on a "TEMP" folder even though I'm signed in?: Every time i restart my computer these files get deleted , How can i make it so they get stored on my permanent folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-saving-on-a-temp-folder-even-though-im/de5a970b-f2ac-4045-ba2b-6d890cb5e497
  9. Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Install software even though I'm an administrator: Hello, I have this issue where I can't install some software. A dialog box appears which says "This app has been blocked for your protection." Even though my user account is adminstrator, I can't un block this software. PLease help...
  10. Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.: when signing in it says that my password is incorrect. Changing password doesn't help, I put my password into that and it says something along the lines of I need to use a different pass word than what I had before even though that's the password I've been using and hasn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign in to the correct Teams

2. 201 ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID teams

3. teams 201 ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID