Windows 10: Can't sign in to my microsoft account on pc and cant access the folder with my user data

Discus and support Can't sign in to my microsoft account on pc and cant access the folder with my user data in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer was not working yesterday, I eventually managed to get it working but when I went to login to my account at start up it takes a long time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roykey1, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Roykey1 Win User

Can't sign in to my microsoft account on pc and cant access the folder with my user data

My computer was not working yesterday, I eventually managed to get it working but when I went to login to my account at start up it takes a long time loading and then goes into a temporary account that says "Can't sign in to your account" my brothers account on the other hand is working as normal, I have started the comp in safe mode and it still wouldn't work, I also disabled anti virus but it still sends me to a temp account and says I can't login. When clicking on this PC and users in the c drive it will not allow me to view my files on that account saying "you don't have permission to view this" but I can view my brothers user contents, any ideas why I can't login or even view my account contents in the c drive? The email my pc account is connect to is still logging in fine on mobile.

:)

Roykey1, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Nickynoo Win User

Cant sign into my Microsoft Account

Ok Freebooter i still cant get into the microsoft store, use microsoft edge, use any of the windows 10 apps that require internet access and I still cannot sign into my microsoft account (i mean change my local account to to a microsoft account.) Please help.

Nickynoo, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. Nickynoo Win User

Can't sign in to my microsoft account on pc and cant access the folder with my user data

Cant sign into my Microsoft Account

Thanks for your help freebooter, altho i have managed to figure howbto run the command as an elevated administrator, i did run it and it found nothing, im running it again now - cant hurt. My real problem is that my windows 10 will not let my change from a local account to a micrisoft account. I have been having problems that my store was not detecting my internet connection, ive since found that all microsoft apps, including edge (i use firefox) wont detect my connection. Well i signed out of my microsoft account into a local account in the hopes that it would rectify the matter, it didnt and now i cant sign back into my microsoft account. Even with a local account i still cannot log into the store and the other apps.

Nickynoo, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't sign in to my microsoft account on pc and cant access the folder with my user data - Similar Threads - Can't sign microsoft

2. I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc: Please help me. After I connected my PC with my Microsoft account, everything was OK until I turned it off and turned it back on. It shows the sign-in screen and I can’t sign in. So, I decided to remove it from my Microsoft account from my phone but still can’t sign in....
  3. I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc: Please help me. After I connected my PC with my Microsoft account, everything was OK until I turned it off and turned it back on. It shows the sign-in screen and I can’t sign in. So, I decided to remove it from my Microsoft account from my phone but still can’t sign in....
  4. I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc: Every time I try to sign into my microsoft account on the microsoft store or other apps that use it, it tells me that account doesn't exist. So I go to create a new one and it says that my email is already connected to a microsoft account and to log in, but when I try to log...
  6. Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc: Every time I try to sign into my microsoft account on the microsoft store or other apps that use it, it tells me that account doesn't exist. So I go to create a new one and it says that my email is already connected to a microsoft account and to log in, but when I try to log...
  7. Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Can't sign into my microsoft account on my PC?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into my microsoft account on my PC?: For whatever reason, I absolutely cannot sign into my Microsoft account on PC. My computer was sent in for repair and upon receiving it back, either the unit was wiped or gutted and parts replaced. I tried to sign in with my account using the authenticator app, but got this...
  9. I cant sign into my new PC with my microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cant sign into my new PC with my microsoft account: [ATTACH]Good day After I got my new PC I tried to sign into my account but I keep getting this error I even tried it on my old PC and got the same results, I went through a couple of threads here with the same issue but that did not help me....
  10. Cant sign into my Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant sign into my Microsoft Account: I am having trouble getting my microsoft apps connect to the internet. I first noticed that my windows store wouldnt connect. I search online, found a few things to try but nothing helped, I tried signing out of my Microsoft account with the intention of restarting and...