Windows 10: Can’t sign in to my surface

Discus and support Can’t sign in to my surface in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I always used face recognition, it’s not working. A pin is required is what I get but it says my pin is no longer available due to changes to the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VivianaMolinary, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Can’t sign in to my surface

I always used face recognition, it’s not working. A pin is required is what I get but it says my pin is no longer available due to changes to

the setting and I forgot my password. Went to microsoft account and changed my password, tried that one and still nothing. All I see for the face recognition an other solutions need me to go to settings once I sign in. Any recommendations?

:)

VivianaMolinary, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Surface windows 10 signin when wake from sleep

Hi Garfunkle,

It could be due to incorrect settings.

On the Sign-in page. The first option is Require sign-in. Select Never.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Power Options in Search. Click on it to open.
    • Click on require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection. Select Do not require a password. Click Ok.
    Also, refer the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...rs/surface-power-sleep-and-wake?os=windows-10

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...unts/sign-in-and-out-of-surface?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Can’t sign in to my surface

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Can’t sign in to my surface :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Can’t sign in to my surface

1. Can’t sign in to my surface - Similar Threads - Can’t sign surface

2. Can’t sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign into my computer: I’m trying to figure out how to sign into my pc. When I turn my computer on and go to sign in, the password or pin wont work. I tried to reset my password and pin but it just takes me back to my screen saver. I’ve tried to reset my Microsoft password on the website, that...
  3. Can’t sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t sign into my computer: I’m trying to figure out how to sign into my pc. When I turn my computer on and go to sign in, the password or pin wont work. I tried to reset my password and pin but it just takes me back to my screen saver. I’ve tried to reset my Microsoft password on the website, that...
  4. Can’t sign into my desktop

Can’t sign into my desktop: I am trying to sign in on my desktop after my pin was disabled due to my cats walking on the keypads at night, now the desktop ask me to setup a pin but when I click it … nothing , when I click Face ID it’s says I need to set up a pin . Having no lunch I even restarted my...
  5. Can’t sign in with my pin

Can’t sign in with my pin: I updated my pc’s BIOS to xmp2 and when I did I loaded back into windows and it asked me to reset my pin I tried then it ask for the Microsoft authentication code to be put into the app but I can’t login to the authentication app cause it asked me to put a authentication code...
  6. Can’t sign in with my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign in with my pin: I updated my pc’s BIOS to xmp2 and when I did I loaded back into windows and it asked me to reset my pin I tried then it ask for the Microsoft authentication code to be put into the app but I can’t login to the authentication app cause it asked me to put a authentication code...
  7. Can’t sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign into my computer: Just starting today out of the blue, I’m unable to sign into my own computer. I usually enter a PIN to sign into my computer but today it completely forgets I had a PIN, and has me sign into Microsoft, then telling me to set up a PIN in which it keeps saying “something went...
  8. Can’t sign into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign into my computer: Just starting today out of the blue, I’m unable to sign into my own computer. I usually enter a PIN to sign into my computer but today it completely forgets I had a PIN, and has me sign into Microsoft, then telling me to set up a PIN in which it keeps saying “something went...
  9. Can’t sign into my account

Can’t sign into my account: I turned my computer off and turned it back on. Whenever I sign in it says “we can’t sign in right now” or something along those lines. I’ve tried everything Microsoft said and nothing worked. The last time I was on my computer I tried changing the users name folder in...
  10. Can’t sign into my laptop

Can’t sign into my laptop: Okay so i restarted my laptop and after it was done restarting i went to sign into my laptop and its saying that my password is wrong when i know for a fact its not. I tried everything like restart it in safe mode and just keep restarting it. I also changed the password for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign in to surface

2. cant sign in surface