Windows 10: Can't sign in to Windows after completing Fresh Start (Win 10)

Discus and support Can't sign in to Windows after completing Fresh Start (Win 10) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had a Lenovo desktop computer for maybe 5 years. I came with Windows 8.0 Of course I installed the 8.1 upgrade and later upgraded to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xsurfer56, Jul 27, 2019.

1. xsurfer56 Win User

Can't sign in to Windows after completing Fresh Start (Win 10)

I've had a Lenovo desktop computer for maybe 5 years.

I came with Windows 8.0

Of course I installed the 8.1 upgrade and later upgraded to Windows 10

when it was offered for free.

My file system was kind of all scattered and I wanted to clean it up a bit,

so I began backing up all my personal files and pictures.

After about three days of this, I noticed the Fresh Start option.

I ran it this morning and it was all finished by the afternoon.

The screen was the normal arched rock pictured on all new computers running Win 10.

The problem is, my mouse and keyboard don't function, making it

impossible to select "Advanced options" though I can bring up the

Automatic Repair screen by powering it ON & OFF a few times.

I tried changing the KB & mouse ports, but to no avail.

Tried a different KB too.

Any ideas?

:)

xsurfer56, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jul 27, 2019
  4. Can't sign in to Windows after completing Fresh Start (Win 10)

Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh
    Start is selected. Once Fresh Start is complete, One Drive is the only app in the Removed Apps file. I do not receive any error messages. I have Windows 10 Home version 1709 installed.

What is the best way to get a clean install of Windows 10? Why is Fresh Start not working correctly?

katiera_012, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't sign in to Windows after completing Fresh Start (Win 10)

1. Can't sign in to Windows after completing Fresh Start (Win 10) - Similar Threads - Can't sign completing

2. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely fresh install of windows 10: Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb...
  3. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Completely fresh install of windows 10: Hello!I am preparing my PC for a major upgrade, a new upgraded CPU and a new upgraded memory.I would like to have a completely fresh installation on Win 10.I have downloaded the latest version from the media creation tool onto a USB stick.At present, the C drive is on a 430Gb...
  4. Completely fresh install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't reset Win 10 PC... even after fresh install

Can't reset Win 10 PC... even after fresh install: I am selling my Win 10 PC and need to reset it and delete files. I continue to get the 'There was a problem when resetting your PC. No changes were made. I did all the DISM health restore stuff and retried. Didn't work. I did a clean install of Win 10 which took hours, again...
  6. Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install: Hi,I have multiple account family and one of them can't sign in. All are set to "Can sign in". My daughter's account is available on the lock screen, but for some reason when clicking on "Sign in" the lock screen just returns to it's default state instead of asking for a...
  7. Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install: Hi,I have multiple account family and one of them can't sign in. All are set to "Can sign in". My daughter's account is available on the lock screen, but for some reason when clicking on "Sign in" the lock screen just returns to it's default state instead of asking for a...
  8. Can't sign in to fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Sign In not completing after update: My problem began yesterday Friday, June 5th My husband's computer boots, he sees the windows white logo on a light blue screen, is prompted to sign in no password set up, another screen comes up just showing the date, and that's as far as he gets. He installed the latest...
  10. fresh start windows 10, account sign in after updating password

fresh start windows 10, account sign in after updating password: Windows is asking for current password to complete sign in process. Pin was set up long ago, and password has not been used in some time and I've forgotten it. How do I get past this step?...