Windows 10: Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier

Discus and support Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was trying to fix my PC because it keeps getting GSOD and I found out that using a driver verifier might help, so after doing all of that and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rifqialthaaf, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier

I was trying to fix my PC because it keeps getting GSOD and I found out that using a driver verifier might help, so after doing all of that and restarting it my PC can't boot to Windows and is stuck in startup repair mode the one that had a blue background and all kind of option like troubleshooting and reset this pc, etc. Because of that, I tried to use a system restore point, and it works. But the problem is now I can't sign in to that account that I use to do driver verifier, but I can use my other local account and it works fine. I tried to do all things like sign with safe mode, using a

:)

rifqialthaaf, Apr 27, 2023
  2. gollum Win User

Digitally signed driver not verified by Windows

This is a typical error you get if vendors are still only cross-signing their drivers.

Note: Please provide your exact Windows Version next time!

However, I'm assuming that your Windows 10 version is at least 1607 (aka Redstone 1, Anniversary Update) and you have Secure Boot enabled.

If my assumption is true, this driver won't work.

I've extracted the .sys and .cat files from the installer package and verified that these drivers do not have a Microsoft signature:

Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier Rxf6N.png

Since Windows 10 version 1607, a tightened kernel driver certification is enforced. The new rule is that all Windows 10 drivers must be digitally signed by Microsoft, no more cross signing! Kernel driver developers must now use an Extended Validation (EV) code signing certificate and submit their drivers to the Windows Hardware Developer Center Dashboard Portal where the drivers will be signed by Microsoft.

In that case you would see a signature like this:

Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier ZAxBE.png

Check the following links for more information:

How do I allow cross-signed kernel drivers in Windows 10 version 1607 with secure boot enabled?

Driver Signing Policy - Windows drivers

What are your options now?

• Ask the vendor to provide a Microsoft-signed driver (should be taken for granted actually)
    • Disable driver verification (as you've already discovered)
    • Disable Secure Boot

gollum, Apr 27, 2023
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 27, 2023
  4. Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier

DRIVER VERIFIER

From what I gather the methodology is to run driver varifier to try and get any "bad" drivers to crash my system. Is this correct? What would be the next step after driver verifier crashes my system?

Thanks for any elaboration.

carl pilkington, Apr 27, 2023
Thema:

Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier

1. Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier - Similar Threads - Cant sign doing

2. Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier: I was trying to fix my PC because it keeps getting GSOD and I found out that using a driver verifier might help, so after doing all of that and restarting it my PC can't boot to Windows and is stuck in startup repair mode the one that had a blue background and all kind of...
  3. Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign in to windows after doing driver verifier: I was trying to fix my PC because it keeps getting GSOD and I found out that using a driver verifier might help, so after doing all of that and restarting it my PC can't boot to Windows and is stuck in startup repair mode the one that had a blue background and all kind of...
  4. Bsod after running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod after running driver verifier: Hi there guys... My PC is crashing so I have been advised to run driver Verifier and wait for 2,3 crashes... So here are minidumps after running driver verifier... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObcftWEibB5Bgk76-5pluvDZ8uYngY--/view?usp=drivesdk...
  5. Bsod after running driver verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after running driver verifier: Hi there guys... My PC is crashing so I have been advised to run driver Verifier and wait for 2,3 crashes... So here are minidumps after running driver verifier... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ObcftWEibB5Bgk76-5pluvDZ8uYngY--/view?usp=drivesdk...
  6. BSOD after driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after driver verifier: Can anyone tell me what driver is malfunctioning from this dump file that i´ve got after running Driver Verifier?Here is link for it on my OneDrive.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocxsPgZbAmS7VIX3Tw9rVbbzqTf?e=FKzTCl...
  7. BSOD after running driver verifier

BSOD after running driver verifier: Hi there!! Had many BSOD on booting up computer as soon as i started running the driver verifier and I've attached the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rX2PfDgbaA_w9rrfyoFdVQSIF5j6xooZ?usp=sharing Can someone help me understand what the MD is trying to...
  8. Problems after Driver Verifier run

Problems after Driver Verifier run: Hello, I just had gotten a "screen of death" where CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on my Surface Pro 2017. So I researched, and ran sfc /scannow. It detected problems and told me to restart. But lazy me, before I restarted, I wanted to try other problem solving methods to avoid...
  9. BSOD after Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Driver Verifier: Been trying to find out why my system was bogging down to a halt sometimes after I did the October Update a few days ago. Here is my original thread about the issue. Log: DESKTOP-BL497SV-(2019-02-26_20-18-10).zip 127883
  10. Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows: How to: Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows How to Verify if System Files and Drivers are Digitally Signed in Windows [img] Information To help maintain the integrity of your system, critical files have been digitally signed so that any...