Windows 10: Can't sign in to windows family account on acer laptop

Discus and support Can't sign in to windows family account on acer laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a new acer laptop with windows 10. I set up an account for my son yesterday, i created a windows account for him and used the family settings to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by hatmouse, Mar 25, 2020.

1. hatmouse Win User

Can't sign in to windows family account on acer laptop

I have a new acer laptop with windows 10. I set up an account for my son yesterday, i created a windows account for him and used the family settings to set some content restrictions. this was all working fine - i logged in as him and set up shortcuts for him to access cbeebies and his school work easily he's 4.

This morning his account won't work at all. I can log in to my account fine. When I logged in as him it said that it couldn't sign in and had signed in as a local user instead. The message said to sign out and in again, which I have done repeatedly but hasn't helped. There was also an issue 'critical error' that the start menu wouldn't work, although it worked when signed in on my account. From googling that issue it looked like installing windows updates would help, so I have done that, they are all up to date and the computer has been restarted etc.

Now when logging in as my son it still says it can't sign him in and has signed in as a local account instead, although the start menu is now working. It still says to sign out and in again but this isn't helping.

any help much appreciated!

:)

hatmouse, Mar 25, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Can't sign in to windows family account on acer laptop

Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign in to windows family account on acer laptop

1. Can't sign in to windows family account on acer laptop - Similar Threads - Can't sign family

2. Can't sign into Windows Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into Windows Account: I am aware that this has already been posted but the thread was clearly abandoned and I would like to be able to use my computer again. I uploaded this on another sight but got no response so I'm asking here. I promise I've tried pretty much everything you can find on google....
  3. Can't sign into Windows Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into Windows Account: I am aware that this has already been posted but the thread was clearly abandoned and I would like to be able to use my computer again. I uploaded this on another sight but got no response so I'm asking here. I promise I've tried pretty much everything you can find on google....
  4. Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive: I recently replaced my older desktop pc with a new model with Windows 11 Home installed. I went through the setup process and established my MS Account as an Administrator. A lot of my Microsoft information and settings were automatically synced. I went through and installed...
  5. Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive

Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive: I recently replaced my older desktop pc with a new model with Windows 11 Home installed. I went through the setup process and established my MS Account as an Administrator. A lot of my Microsoft information and settings were automatically synced. I went through and installed...
  6. Acer laptop stuck on sign in page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer laptop stuck on sign in page: Hi I have an acer aspire e5 575 but from 2 week it's been stuck on sign in page and I am a student and my school is opening next Sunday I anyone can help I would appreciate that Thank you!...
  7. Acer laptop stuck on sign in page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer laptop stuck on sign in page: Hi I have an acer aspire e5 575 but from 2 week it's been stuck on sign in page and I am a student and my school is opening next Sunday I anyone can help I would appreciate that Thank you!...
  8. Acer laptop stuck on sign in page

9. Can't sign in to Microsoft/Windows account on laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to Microsoft/Windows account on laptop: I have a Sony Vaio laptop that was working fine until the most recent windows update. I updated and when my laptop turned back on, it asked me for my password and then said it was wrong. I use a 4-digit code to sign in, but it kept saying it was wrong. So I used my full...
  10. family account not allowing sign in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family account not allowing sign in.: why is the child account locked out and it shows as fine in the main account? What are we doing wrong????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-account-not-allowing-sign-in/33781147-2e11-40f5-aaf4-d78dbd60aebe