Windows 10: Can't sign in to Word/Office 365 without a Windows Hello pin

Discus and support Can't sign in to Word/Office 365 without a Windows Hello pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am unable to sign into Word/Office 365 without a pin for Windows Hello, but when I go to reset my PIN under settings/sign-in options, It says "This... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JEK_442, Apr 9, 2022.

1. JEK_442 Win User

Can't sign in to Word/Office 365 without a Windows Hello pin

I am unable to sign into Word/Office 365 without a pin for Windows Hello, but when I go to reset my PIN under settings/sign-in options, It says "This Option is Currently Unavailable."I just want to use Word; the system accepts my password but then insists on Windows Hello PIN.Any advice?thanks.

:)

JEK_442, Apr 9, 2022

2. Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-taskbar/76e9bbc7-8717-4156-ab72-c9ac975dd6e9

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Apr 9, 2022
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Can't sign in to Word/Office 365 without a Windows Hello pin [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't sign in to Word/Office 365 without a Windows Hello pin - Similar Threads - Can't sign Word

2. Cant sign in without the windows hello pin anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign in without the windows hello pin anymore.: It only allows me to sign in with the Microsoft account password, which cannot be validated without an internet connection. When I try to set up windows hello pin It says that the option is currently unavailableThe set-up pin option is greyed out too....
  3. Cant sign in without the windows hello pin anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant sign in without the windows hello pin anymore.: It only allows me to sign in with the Microsoft account password, which cannot be validated without an internet connection. When I try to set up windows hello pin It says that the option is currently unavailableThe set-up pin option is greyed out too....
  4. Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in: Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-setup-pin-windows-hello-sign-in/8f2817cb-6315-43af-af49-369169282bd9
  5. Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in

Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in: Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-setup-pin-windows-hello-sign-in/8f2817cb-6315-43af-af49-369169282bd9
  6. Teams without Office 365

Teams without Office 365: I know it can be accessed via Office 365, but wonder if Microsoft Teams can be accessed by those using free Microsoft Office software, and if so by how many, please?...
  7. Microsoft Office 365 Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 Word: G'day, I have just updated to 365 Word. I have been practicing writing documents. Obviously I do not want to keep them. Each time I open a new page on the left hand side are all my previous documents. I cannot find out how to delete them. Please could somebody help me?...
  8. office-word-pins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office-word-pins: Word is automatically unpinning my documents each time i open them. can someone tell me how to turn off this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-word-pins/a96eb56c-865d-4e50-95de-ee1cbc12e8a0
  9. Microsoft Word Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word Office 365: Does anyone have a way to restore a corrupt Word document? I've tried everything and I really need this document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-word-office-365/51fde4cc-82e6-41f8-8520-82cc41422b5e
  10. Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello): So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine. Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint. Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint. I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to...