Windows 10: Can't sign in using fingerprint or by any other means

Discus and support Can't sign in using fingerprint or by any other means in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Dell Vostro and windows 10 .... In my pc when I on it by pressing power button It didn't show the usual screen. When I put my finger on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PriyanshuBharat, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Can't sign in using fingerprint or by any other means

I have Dell Vostro and windows 10 ....

In my pc when I on it by pressing power button

It didn't show the usual screen.

When I put my finger on the scanner it don't respond and the other sign in options are also not available.

But if any finger other than the assigned one is put then it says usually that couldn't recognize the fingerprint but for original one it doesn't respond.

Now my pc is off and I can't on it without signing in.

Please help…

:)

PriyanshuBharat, Jun 29, 2020

2. Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    After an update, my windows Hello no longer has an option to use the fingerprint reader. All I get is password sign on

Hi Margo,

There may be an issue with the fingerprint data in Settings, or it is possible that the fingerprint scanner driver is corrupted or needs to be update. These can be the reasons why you're unable to use your fingerprint as your login. For us to know if the
    issue is with the fingerprint data or with the driver of fingerprint scanner, we need to re-register your fingerprint data. This means that we will be removing the fingerprint data, and then adding it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Sign-in options.
    • Under Windows Hello, click Remove.
    • After removing the fingerprint data, set up Windows Hello again.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't sign in using fingerprint or by any other means

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Can't sign in using fingerprint or by any other means fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign in using fingerprint or by any other means

1. Can't sign in using fingerprint or by any other means - Similar Threads - Can't sign using

2. fingerprint sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint sign in: I updated my windows laptop windows 10 [8] and now the fingerprint reader wont work. Is there a way to make it work again or is it just going to be useless from now on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sign-in/b51ea880-2513-44fc-9cb2-200bcb807132
  3. Fingerprint Sign-in is not working

Fingerprint Sign-in is not working: My Fingerprint is not working on my Lenovo yoga 520 W10. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver Synaptics WBDI of the biometrics but to no avail. It can't be updated at all. It says "The device cannot start. Code:10...
  4. Fingerprint Sign In Option

Fingerprint Sign In Option: Hi, I have an HP Envy x360 with the Windows Hello sign in options. I have been using the fingerprint sign in option ever since I got the laptop a few months ago. I've not had any problems with it. I just updated it and now that option is gone when I turn my laptop on and...
  5. Fingerprint Sign-in Not Working

Fingerprint Sign-in Not Working: Hello! Yesterday my HP laptop all of a sudden froze on a screen that I was working on and after about 5 minutes gave me a blue screen that said something like "windows has encountered a problem and is gathering info and will restart soon : " My laptop restarted but since...
  6. Fingerprint sign-in

Fingerprint sign-in: The last Windows update just took out my ability t use fingerprint as my sign-in. How do I restore that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sign-in/83da7dd6-365f-4b21-858d-73b228de4561
  7. Can't sign into windows store or add fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into windows store or add fingerprint: I was recently having an issue with my keyboard, i tried resetting my laptop to try and fix the issue. This has just cost more problems as i can now no longer sign into the store app, the app had to be manually re downloaded and now whenever i try to sign in its just a blank...
  8. I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option

I cannot use my fingerprint sign in option: I was able to use my fingerprint sign in option up until three days ago. It says that face and fingerprint recognition is not available on this device....
  9. Fingerprint sign-in

Fingerprint sign-in: Hello!!! My fingerprint sign-in is no longer possible on a Lenovo Yoga 92013IKB. It was possible since I bought the laptop but now my system does not allow to sign-in with fingerprint because ""Windows hello" is no longer available on this device"... Can someone help?...
  10. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't use any other browser than Edge.: Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked....