Windows 10: Can't sign in W10 ignores PIN

Discus and support Can't sign in W10 ignores PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; To complicate the issue I am running W10 on a Mac under Bootcamp. W10 suddenly refuses to accept my pin to log in. It ignores both pin and password.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by petefj, Aug 12, 2017.

1. petefj Win User

Can't sign in W10 ignores PIN

To complicate the issue I am running W10 on a Mac under Bootcamp.

W10 suddenly refuses to accept my pin to log in. It ignores both pin and password.

W10 updated yesterday, and if there's any connection I don't know.

peters*Zip

:)

petefj, Aug 12, 2017

2. After latest W10 update, wireless keyboard does not work when trying to sign into account

Good day Folks,

Just completed latest W10 update. Immediately after the update, when the account sign in page appeared I was able to type in my PIN. I use a wireless keyboard. However, on subsequent restarts, I can't use the keyboard. I had to use the onscreen keyboard
    to type the PIN to sign into my account.

Microsoft, please advise if there is a setting to enable me to use the wireless keyboard again to sign into my account.

ganwilliam, Aug 12, 2017
  3. TR5407 Win User
    Windows 10 - PIN v Password

I have upgraded to W10, my children have been using a PIN to sign in to the family laptop. Following upgrade one child is unable to use PIN and is instead asked for the full (and complex) password, the other's settings have migrated across without issue.

What can I do to get W10 to allow PIN as sign in as all obvious settings are dead ends?

TR5407, Aug 12, 2017
Thema:

Can't sign in W10 ignores PIN

1. Can't sign in W10 ignores PIN - Similar Threads - Can't sign W10

2. Can't sign in to Windows PIN issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Windows PIN issues: I opened my computer to find that i needed to enter my pin instead of use my fingerprint. I'm not sure why this happened, maybe my kids were trying to sign in. I then asked me to enter a phrase A1B2C3, this allowed me to enter my pin which I did. It appeared to be incorrect...
  3. can't sign in with PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't sign in with PIN: I open my computer and enter Pin code but it says "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns". I fold down the computer screen and leave it for 2 hours but after that it still say can't sign in, is it a lie?...
  4. can't sign in with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't sign in with PIN: I open my computer and enter Pin code but it says "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns". I fold down the computer screen and leave it for 2 hours but after that it still say can't sign in, is it a lie?...
  5. can't sign in with PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I can't sign in W10 using my PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't sign in W10 using my PIN.: The laptop does not recognise my PIN for W10.Also there is no option to reset my PIN.I need help please.Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-w10-using-my-pin/4897cad6-a6c6-4434-a658-fea6d7f1b0be
  7. I can't sign in W10 using my PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in W10 using my PIN.: The laptop does not recognise my PIN for W10.Also there is no option to reset my PIN.I need help please.Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-w10-using-my-pin/4897cad6-a6c6-4434-a658-fea6d7f1b0be
  8. I can't sign in W10 using my PIN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Change W10 Sign-in PIN from another device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change W10 Sign-in PIN from another device: Why I need to do this is a long story, but i do need to do it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-w10-sign-in-pin-from-another-device/6b7a1ae0-9bcc-49ef-8002-a6c5a9ea8fd2"
  10. log in ignoring pin/password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in ignoring pin/password: Hi, I have a minor log in problem after coming out of a sleep, I normally use a pin to log in but recently when I enter a pin it will say I have miss input the keys then after a few attempts it will give me the option to input a password this then does the same, If I then...