Windows 10: Can't sign in with a microsoft account because of wrong windows password

Discus and support Can't sign in with a microsoft account because of wrong windows password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I had been using a 'local' account in my laptop and because using a Microsoft account is easier with a windows laptop I thought of switching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tyeberg, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Tyeberg Win User

Can't sign in with a microsoft account because of wrong windows password

Hi there,
    I had been using a 'local' account in my laptop and because using a Microsoft account is easier with a windows laptop I thought of switching to it, but I cannot "sign in with a microsoft account instead" because it asks the current windows password and I have forgotten it; I use a PIN mostly. So it says that it needs the current windows password and when I type a wrong password it of course says that its wrong. So I CANNOT switch to a MS account !!
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!!!

Looking forward to a reply,
    best regards,

Tyeberg.

:)

Tyeberg, Oct 19, 2020

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 19, 2020
  3. cmp9969 Win User
    Wrong Password

The "Old Password" is the password to your local account. It is about to change your local account to a Microsoft Account. If you don't mind this, then enter your local account password. If you think this is overly intrusive of Microsoft, don't do it and let Cortana die.

cmp9969, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Issue with signing in to the User Account, error message "wrong password".

Hi Brian,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with signing in to the User Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you are facing issue while signing in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

If you are facing issue while signing in to Microsoft Account, try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly using web and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-how

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the article and reset the Microsoft Account password. Check if it helps.

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't sign in with a microsoft account because of wrong windows password - Similar Threads - Can't sign microsoft

2. Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus: I can't sign in to microsft on my windows 10 pc. I know it's my antivirus. I've tried allowing microsoft.com, live.com. What website or address does microsoft use so I add it to my antivirus so that it allows it?...
  3. Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus: I can't sign in to microsft on my windows 10 pc. I know it's my antivirus. I've tried allowing microsoft.com, live.com. What website or address does microsoft use so I add it to my antivirus so that it allows it?...
  4. Can't sign in to microsoft account because of my anti virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't download windows 11 because says wrong microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download windows 11 because says wrong microsoft password: Hi. Please I am desperate. Help me out if you can. A little bit of background: I got a notification from my outlook authenticator app that someone tried to log in into my account. I went to my laptop Dell Inspiron 15 to check who it was. I noticed two devices linked to my...
  6. Can't download windows 11 because says wrong microsoft password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download windows 11 because says wrong microsoft password: Hi. Please I am desperate. Help me out if you can. A little bit of background: I got a notification from my outlook authenticator app that someone tried to log in into my account. I went to my laptop Dell Inspiron 15 to check who it was. I noticed two devices linked to my...
  7. Microsoft Sign-in account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign-in account password: I created an account with Microsoft security and privacy. When I was finishing the process, after signing in the code from email address it asked for my password one last time and I put it but it said WRONG PASSWORD every single time. I thought maybe I forgot so I reset my...
  8. Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt

Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt: I can't sign in to Microsoft Account because after selecting an account to sign in, this window shows up instead of proper login so I can't do anything. This happened on Edge and when I click on Verify identity in Settings > Your Info. Any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  9. This user can't sign in because account is currently disabled. (wrong)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This user can't sign in because account is currently disabled. (wrong): I have a Synology share "\\storage" that I can't access with a particular domain user account "Dennis" from a particular workstation "YYZ" running a brand new, clean install of Win10 Pro 1909. I get a message that says: "This user can't sign in because this account is...
  10. i can't sign in using microsoft account password

i can't sign in using microsoft account password: [ATTACH] well.. I saved a separate password which I forgot . the below is first. the above one is second. [ATTACH] please help me with this.......