Windows 10: Can't sign in with Local Account

Discus and support Can't sign in with Local Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jecbconsulting, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Can't sign in with Local Account

I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked.

When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the error code 0x80004005 which is an undefined error code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't use the computer for the reason I bought it which was to use Windows Hello

:)

jecbconsulting, Nov 24, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 24, 2018
  3. "Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Can't sign in with Local Account

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Can't sign in with Local Account

1. Can't sign in with Local Account - Similar Threads - Can't sign Local

2. Can't sign in with new local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in with new local account: I've set up tons of computers in this manner:1 I sign on as the administrator under my microsoft account.2 I create a new local user account and set it as an administrator account as well.3 I switch users and the new user account shows up in the list of users and I can sign...
  3. Can't sign in with new local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in with new local account: I've set up tons of computers in this manner:1 I sign on as the administrator under my microsoft account.2 I create a new local user account and set it as an administrator account as well.3 I switch users and the new user account shows up in the list of users and I can sign...
  4. Can't sign in with new local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "We can't sign in to your account" Local Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We can't sign in to your account" Local Account: I just set up W11 om my laptop. We have 2 users, both admins. I have a MS account I used to sign in. The other user does not have an MS account, and does not want one. He is set up as a Local account. Every time I try to sign in to the other user, it's like I am there for the...
  6. "We can't sign in to your account" Local Account

"We can't sign in to your account" Local Account: I just set up W11 om my laptop. We have 2 users, both admins. I have a MS account I used to sign in. The other user does not have an MS account, and does not want one. He is set up as a Local account. Every time I try to sign in to the other user, it's like I am there for the...
  7. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  8. Can't sign in to local account

Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  9. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't "sign in" to local admin account.: [ATTACH] So I intern as the "IT" guy at my high school and was put on this project. The picture above pops up every time I sign into the local admin account. If I try any other accounts on aforementioned PC, it works fine. When setting up the computer for the first time we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in with a local account instead is missing .