Windows 10: Can't sign in with microsoft account

Discus and support Can't sign in with microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago. 17282 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jtallman5, Aug 17, 2015.

1. jtallman5 Win User

Can't sign in with microsoft account

Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago.

:)

jtallman5, Aug 17, 2015

2. Sign In With Microsoft Account or Local Account

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

"Microsoft account" is the new name for what used to be called a "Windows Live ID." Your Microsoft account is the combination of an email address and a password that you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com,
    OneDrive, Windows Phone, or Xbox LIVE. If you use an email address and password to sign in to these or other services, you already have a Microsoft account—but you can also sign up for a new one at any time.

An administrator account is a user account that lets you make changes that will affect other users. Administrators can change security settings, install software and hardware, and access all files on the computer. Administrators can also make changes to
    other user accounts.

Using Microsoft Account you will be able to access all the apps and other programs that requires you to login with the Microsoft Account. You can Create multiple number of user account according to your requirements.

I would suggest you to follow the below link on Microsoft account and Administrator account and check if it helps to resolve your issue

For reference:

Get The Answers You Need From The Microsoft Support Page

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/microsoft-account-help#microsoft-account=tab0

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-an-administrator-account

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 17, 2015
  3. E H P Win User
    Sign In With Microsoft Account or Local Account

What is the best practice for a single user?

Note, I went through the Windows 10 installation process. I was only
    asked for a Microsoft account, which I entered. There was no instruction or guidance or anything.

The result was that I did not have the rights to save files to my own computer! A chat with Microsoft technical support said that this was a know issue and Microsoft was working on it. In the meantime, I could not use my computer.

For your all of links you provided, IE11 could not display the page. LOL! As if I dont' have enough Microsoft inflicted issues to resolve, and who needs to work, right?

So, as usual, the Microsoft response does not
    help.

Further, I authored an eloquent question and you decided
    to ignore it.

Actually, there is no reason to post a question on this Microsoft forum because Microsoft:

• blames the user
    • blames a 3rd party
    • blames the internet connection
    • provides links (either operable or not) for the customer to wander around aimlessly hoping and praying for a solution
    • does not answer the question asked

E H P, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Can't sign in with microsoft account

1. Can't sign in with microsoft account - Similar Threads - Can't sign microsoft

2. Can't sign into Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into Microsoft account: Can't sign into my Microsoft, store and Xbox accounts on my PC. I can log in fine via the browser.When I click "Sign In" a window appears for a second and then disappears.If I try to "Add someone else to this PC", the same happens, a window appears for a second and then...
  3. Can't sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Microsoft account: Can't sign into my Microsoft, store and Xbox accounts on my PC. I can log in fine via the browser.When I click "Sign In" a window appears for a second and then disappears.If I try to "Add someone else to this PC", the same happens, a window appears for a second and then...
  4. Can't sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't sign into a microsoft account

Can't sign into a microsoft account: I've done all I could; even to the extent of a Windows reinstall. I also cannot check for updates. This includes but is not limited to:Microsoft account service automatic did nothingGPolicy microsoft account did nothingwsreset did nothingWindows reinstall did...
  6. Can't sign into Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign into Microsoft account: Can't sign in to my Microsoft account Windows Store gives: 0x800704cf error code When I try to switch from a local to Microsoft account it says "Oops, something went wrong. Probably our fault" I have tried all the options online that I can find....
  7. Can't sign in with microsoft account

Can't sign in with microsoft account: Hi I just reinstalled my Windows 10 pro and I didn't sign in with my microsoft account during it because I had to install my wifi driver manually after the OS install and now I can't sign in with my Microsoft account. When I click on the sign in, the regular login form window...
  8. Can't sign in with a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign in with a microsoft account: I'm just trying to play minecraft windows 10 edition but I need to connect my microsoft account with my PC in order to download it. I went to settings and found the button that says "sign in with a microsoft account instead", but every time I click it it says "Something went...
  9. Can't sign into Microsoft Account

Can't sign into Microsoft Account: When i try to sign into a Microsoft account on the Microsoft store it always comes up with "We encounted an error, please try signing in later". My steps i use are: 1) Open Microsoft Store 2) Sign in 3) Use a different account: Microsoft account 4) We encounted an...
  10. Can't sign in with Microsoft Account

Can't sign in with Microsoft Account: I am currently not able to sign-in with my Microsoft Account into the Microsoft Store. Every time I try it, it says just "We encountered an Error. Please try signing in again later.". I am also not able to login into the Xbox App. When I try to sign in there, it says:"We are...