Windows 10: Can’t sign in with safe mode

Discus and support Can’t sign in with safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Ok,so I restarted my computer in safe mode not knowing i need a different password,i done this by the msconfig method. I am not sure if I use... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sean_Adams1, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Can’t sign in with safe mode

Ok,so I restarted my computer in safe mode not knowing i need a different password,i done this by the msconfig method.

I am not sure if I use microsoft account or local accout for it, I changed my microsoft accout password,and restarted in safe mode with networking,but my PC still would not connect. Even with the ethernet cable,the networks where visible,but no acctual connection.

So I still have noway of actually figuring it out,when I go to the command prompt menu,it says my email address,so that leads to belive it is my microsoft account,but still cant enter the password with out network connection.

I got this PC off of a family member,with windows already installed so I dont have the disc.

Basically I am stuck on my sign in screen the past two days,does anyone know a way of helping me here please.

Or why it is not connecting,Ive seen if I can open command prompt I can turn it off from there,but sill need the connection for it to register my password change.

:)

Sean_Adams1, Apr 23, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Can’t sign in with safe mode

Sign in and Safe mode

So when I started up my laptop the sign in screen was sideways so I tried to sign in and see if I could fix the orientation problem. It told me that my device was offline and I needed to enter the password last use on my device. I reset it multiple times
    to see if it was a temporary glitch, that fixed the orientation problem but not the sign in one.I tried to connect to the internet but I go to school at NC State so we have to sign into the wifi on a browser tab which I can't access if I can't sign in. Someone
    suggested that I try turning on safe mode so I turned on safe mode with networking so I could do my work but it has been on the Acer loading screen for the past twenty minutes. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it, if I hadn't gone into safe mode I know
    now that I could've fixed it at home so my question is, how to I get out of safe mode if it hasn't finish loading into it?

Emma Kennedy, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Can’t sign in with safe mode

1. Can’t sign in with safe mode - Similar Threads - Can’t sign safe

2. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  3. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  4. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can’t restart in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t restart in safe mode: My hp laptop won’t restart in safe mode. Trying to remove malware/software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-restart-in-safe-mode/0653b64e-5d2e-4fed-ba69-b6d09af78026
  6. Can’t restart in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t restart in safe mode: My hp laptop won’t restart in safe mode. Trying to remove malware/software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-restart-in-safe-mode/0653b64e-5d2e-4fed-ba69-b6d09af78026
  7. Can’t restart in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can’t get into safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get into safe mode: Hi, I was recently messing around with custom icons and stuff like that when I ran into a problem. I searched for a resolution and was directed to an answer on this telling me to rebuild my cache. I deleted the files and rebooted my computer. After this, I wasn’t able to...
  9. Can’t get to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get to safe mode: Hi so my problem began when i decided to update a driver for my laptop. Turned out to be a wrong one because when i restarted i got stucked into a blue screen of death loop and everytime it restarts it goes back to blue screen. I figure that if i go to safe mode and uninstall...
  10. Safe mode sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode sign in: I used msconfig in Windows 10 to boot in safe mode, but now it doesn't recognize my password. I rebooted, but ended up in the same spot, so I think I'm stuck, unless I can reboot normally. I don't know if I can open msconfig to change the boot settings at this point. Thank...