Windows 10: Can't sign in

Discus and support Can't sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Had yet another infuriating update last night. Today I put my laptop on and now I can't sign into it because I can't type letters into the password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KatieLB, Dec 3, 2018.

1. KatieLB Win User

Can't sign in

Had yet another infuriating update last night.

Today I put my laptop on and now I can't sign into it because I can't type letters into the password box, only numbers. Same thing with the On-Screen Keyboard, only the numbers work.

Hard restart thing does nothing.

I have too much work to do and really don't need this BS. Can anyone help please? Seems something like this happens everytime I get an update.

:)

KatieLB, Dec 3, 2018
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't sign in :cool:

jmcslob, Dec 3, 2018
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Can't sign in

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Can't sign in

1. Can't sign in - Similar Threads - Can't sign

2. Windows 10 can't sign in to any account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 can't sign in to any account.: Hi, just bought a new laptop for personal use. It has windows 10.- My issue is: I cannot use personal email, it says "Welcome to Meta!", sign in using a business account.- I tried using my personal email multiple times, and it says: this email does not exist in your...
  3. Windows 10 can't sign in to any account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't sign in to any account.: Hi, just bought a new laptop for personal use. It has windows 10.- My issue is: I cannot use personal email, it says "Welcome to Meta!", sign in using a business account.- I tried using my personal email multiple times, and it says: this email does not exist in your...
  4. Windows 10 can't sign in to any account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can't I sign in to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I sign in to my computer: Why can't my computer sign in? I have tried continuously and it only says "You'll need the internet for this." I've tried over and over again and only that message appears....
  6. Why can't I sign in to my computer

Why can't I sign in to my computer: Why can't my computer sign in? I have tried continuously and it only says "You'll need the internet for this." I've tried over and over again and only that message appears....
  7. Why can't I sign in to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in.: You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 5/20/2024 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code. On 4/20/2024 you...
  9. You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in.

You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in.: You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 5/20/2024 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code. On 4/20/2024 you...
  10. Can't sign in to Windows 11

Can't sign in to Windows 11: So, I just installed Windows 11 on my computer. I was trying to log in, but when I press the Sign In button, it says Just a moment... for a few minutes and then goes back to showing the Sign In button. I have not been able to log in a single time due to this. I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we cant save or check for changes

2. cache credentials expired

3. microsoft cached credentials expired

4. credentials have expired,
  5. cached credentials have expired,
  6. cached credentials expired word,
  7. cant sign in,
  8. sign-in required we cant save,
  9. sign in required on word required. Sign in credential cache,
  10. cache credential sign in,
  11. sign in required we cant save or check for changes because your cached credentials have expired please sign-in again,
  12. sign-in required: we cant save or check for changes because your cached credentials have expired please sign-in again. Provide credentials for this location