Windows 10: Can't sign in

Discus and support Can't sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Windows community, I can't seem to log into my account on my laptop. Every time i put my password in it starts the process of loggging me in, but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Melkam, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Melkam Win User

Can't sign in

Hi Windows community,

I can't seem to log into my account on my laptop. Every time i put my password in it starts the process of loggging me in, but after 30 seconds it logs me in as a guest. It is really annoying. I restarted it several times to no avail. Is there anything i can do or should i just format it completely and cut my losses?

It is an Hp Envy laptop. If that helps

:)

Melkam, Jun 2, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 2, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't sign in :cool:

jmcslob, Jun 2, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't sign in

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign in

1. Can't sign in - Similar Threads - Can't sign

2. Can't get Windows 11 to recognize my external camera for sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Windows 11 to recognize my external camera for sign in: I have an MSI laptop that has a pretty lackluster, built-in camera. I decided to upgrade to a USB Logi external camera. I'm able to get to it work fine with Zoom, but as far as facial recognition when I first boot up or when my computer sleeps after a period of inactivity,...
  3. Can't get Windows 11 to recognize my external camera for sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Windows 11 to recognize my external camera for sign in: I have an MSI laptop that has a pretty lackluster, built-in camera. I decided to upgrade to a USB Logi external camera. I'm able to get to it work fine with Zoom, but as far as facial recognition when I first boot up or when my computer sleeps after a period of inactivity,...
  4. We can't sign into your account error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't sign into your account error: I've been having this issue for a while now on my school laptop saying "We can't sign into your account" and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't do this on my other school laptops and my teacher just says to ignore it so why is it doing it on one specifically?...
  5. We can't sign into your account error

We can't sign into your account error: I've been having this issue for a while now on my school laptop saying "We can't sign into your account" and it's been going on for a while. It doesn't do this on my other school laptops and my teacher just says to ignore it so why is it doing it on one specifically?...
  6. We can't sign into your account error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. CAN'T ACCESS THE SIGN IN PAGE FOR MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WINDOWS 11

CAN'T ACCESS THE SIGN IN PAGE FOR MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WINDOWS 11: Please for some reason i cant have access to the sign in page for my microsoft account. i've tried so many method like reseting the pc and some other method i saw on youtube but still cant access the sign in page. when ever i click the sign in icon it shows me a blank page...
  8. CAN'T ACCESS THE SIGN IN PAGE FOR MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN'T ACCESS THE SIGN IN PAGE FOR MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WINDOWS 11: Please for some reason i cant have access to the sign in page for my microsoft account. i've tried so many method like reseting the pc and some other method i saw on youtube but still cant access the sign in page. when ever i click the sign in icon it shows me a blank page...
  9. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...
  10. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...