Windows 10: Can't Sign In

Discus and support Can't Sign In in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A co-workers computer is not letting them sign onto the computer. It is only displaying "other user". I have tried to find something similar, but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aguscgems, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Aguscgems Win User

Can't Sign In

A co-workers computer is not letting them sign onto the computer. It is only displaying "other user". I have tried to find something similar, but everyone's solution seems to be holding shift/restart and booting into safe mode.

When I boot into safe mode, nothing changes and it still only displays "other user", while no username/password seems to work. I tried to restore from a backup profile from last month and that also did not change anything.

There was no image to restore to either.

This computer has pretty important patient data that they apparently did not have backed up to an external SSD yet small ambulance service and I just started here.

I also went into the registry and in the profile list, all I see are the S-1-5- 18/19/20 profiles which I believe are default. In command prompt I also ran net user which displayed the only profile is a guest profile.

I have also already tried setting new password, etc.. in cmd prompt. Nothing has changed.

Thanks for your time.

:)

Aguscgems, Aug 4, 2020

2. I can't sign in windows store and I can't use acount microsoft to sign in windows

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Are you still facing the issue?

If yes, Please follow below suggestions:

What happens when you try to sign to Windows Store?

Please give us the complete error message if any.

For Windows store issue you may refer the following suggestion:

I would suggest you to refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows +R Keys to open Run command

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter

Now, try to open store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Aug 4, 2020
  3. We couldn't sign you in

Hi,

To better assist you with the sign in issue of your Windows account, we would like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Since you can't sign in to your Windows account, we suggest that you reset your password, check this
    article and follow the steps given.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Can't Sign In

Can't sign-in to Cortana

We're glad to hear that you were now able to sign-in to Cortana. Regarding the issue with Cortana that doesn't respond to you sometimes, you may try the steps listed on this
    link.

If the issue persists, you can proceed to the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't Sign In

1. Can't Sign In - Similar Threads - Can't Sign

2. Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account: We set up a new WiFi router at work and switched the printers over. The computer worked fine with the printer but then stopped. The tech from the printer company tried everything he could to resolve the issue but was unable to. The next step was to set up the laptop...
  3. Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account: We set up a new WiFi router at work and switched the printers over. The computer worked fine with the printer but then stopped. The tech from the printer company tried everything he could to resolve the issue but was unable to. The next step was to set up the laptop...
  4. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  5. I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.

I can't get my computer to require a sign in each time it starts.: When my computer starts it goes straight to the Desktop and doesn't require a sign in. I want to change it so I have to log in every time, preferably with a PIN. I have set up the PIN option in Sign in options but it doesn't stop at the log in, just bypasses it. How do I...
  6. Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC: Please could you assistWindows has updated overnight on my PC and is asking me to sign in to verify. Every time i try to sign in to my account i just get a blank white sign in box with nowhere to enter details. I haven't forgotten my account or password so don't need these...
  7. Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC: Please could you assistWindows has updated overnight on my PC and is asking me to sign in to verify. Every time i try to sign in to my account i just get a blank white sign in box with nowhere to enter details. I haven't forgotten my account or password so don't need these...
  8. Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC

9. I can't sign into the Microsoft Store anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't sign into the Microsoft Store anymore: I have had my computer since around May of 2021 and have had zero problems with anything Microsoft related, but for some reason the past week or two I have not been able to access the Microsoft store. It happened when an app I used called Ear Trumpet stopped working for no...
  10. I can't sign into the Microsoft Store anymore

I can't sign into the Microsoft Store anymore: I have had my computer since around May of 2021 and have had zero problems with anything Microsoft related, but for some reason the past week or two I have not been able to access the Microsoft store. It happened when an app I used called Ear Trumpet stopped working for no...