Windows 10: Can’t sign into a new local account. Doesn’t let me switch back to the admin account. Help.

Discus and support Can’t sign into a new local account. Doesn’t let me switch back to the admin account. Help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Facebook_Refugee_69 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Facebook_Refugee_69, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Can’t sign into a new local account. Doesn’t let me switch back to the admin account. Help.

/u/Facebook_Refugee_69, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Rockman. Win User

internet explorer doesn´t load any page

I tryed all 3 methods but got no success.

The funny thing is that IE is working fine on a new created test account (like method 3 suggests) but after this I switch back to my account and confirm IE is useless.

In sum IE not working on my account which is the admin one, but it is working on other accounts I create.

Doesn´t make sense to me...

Rockman., Apr 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Can’t sign into a new local account. Doesn’t let me switch back to the admin account. Help.

Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Can’t sign into a new local account. Doesn’t let me switch back to the admin account. Help.

1. Can’t sign into a new local account. Doesn’t let me switch back to the admin account. Help. - Similar Threads - Can’t sign local

2. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  3. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  4. How to switch back to local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch back to local account?: I built a gaming PC a couple of months ago, performed all the updates necessary, and bought an official digital license from Newegg. Up until recently, I was using the local account I had set-up when I activated my Windows key. I then had customer support guide me through the...
  5. How to switch back to local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch back to local account?: I built a gaming PC a couple of months ago, performed all the updates necessary, and bought an official digital license from Newegg. Up until recently, I was using the local account I had set-up when I activated my Windows key. I then had customer support guide me through the...
  6. How to switch back to local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Not properly signed out in admin account and can’t login in local account

Not properly signed out in admin account and can’t login in local account: Hi, I was doing a window update and the update was not going smoothly The only option I left is to create another local account and do the update While I was still doing the update repeatly clicking the update button even tho it wasn’t able to update and also creating a...
  8. Can't switch back to microsoft account! Won't let me type to sign in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch back to microsoft account! Won't let me type to sign in.: I have tried everything to switch my user back to a microsoft account. I was testing something with the local user and now I can no longer go back to just one microsoft account. Please help....
  9. Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

Can't "sign in" to local admin account.: [ATTACH] So I intern as the "IT" guy at my high school and was put on this project. The picture above pops up every time I sign into the local admin account. If I try any other accounts on aforementioned PC, it works fine. When setting up the computer for the first time we...
  10. Switching from user to admin account requires extra sign in to switch back to user account

Switching from user to admin account requires extra sign in to switch back to user account: In Windows 10 on a home computer, if I sign into a user account, then switch to the administrator account, then switch back to the user account, I have to sign in to the user account again. Why if I'm already signed in? How do I fix this?...