Windows 10: Can't sign into a Windows account

Discus and support Can't sign into a Windows account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm trying to switch from a local administrator account to log in with a microsoft account. I get asked for my account email, verify it on my phone,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Baker9969, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Baker9969 Win User

Can't sign into a Windows account

I'm trying to switch from a local administrator account to log in with a microsoft account. I get asked for my account email, verify it on my phone, then I get asked for my local account password. Windows comes back with "Ooops, sorry it was probably our fault". I have all firewalls off and have rebooted and reset ipconfig/dns several times. I'm trying to buy an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home so I don't have access to things like gpedit.msc. Not sure how to proceed.

:)

Baker9969, Nov 29, 2021

2. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Nov 29, 2021
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Can't sign into a Windows account :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't sign into a Windows account - Similar Threads - Can't sign account

2. Can't sign into Windows Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into Windows Account: I am aware that this has already been posted but the thread was clearly abandoned and I would like to be able to use my computer again. I uploaded this on another sight but got no response so I'm asking here. I promise I've tried pretty much everything you can find on google....
  3. Can't sign into Windows Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Windows Account: I am aware that this has already been posted but the thread was clearly abandoned and I would like to be able to use my computer again. I uploaded this on another sight but got no response so I'm asking here. I promise I've tried pretty much everything you can find on google....
  4. Can't sign into Windows Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't sign into a Windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into a Windows account: I'm trying to switch from a local administrator account to log in with a microsoft account. I get asked for my account email, verify it on my phone, then I get asked for my local account password. Windows comes back with "Ooops, sorry it was probably our fault". I have all...
  6. Can't sign into a Windows account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into a Windows account: I'm trying to switch from a local administrator account to log in with a microsoft account. I get asked for my account email, verify it on my phone, then I get asked for my local account password. Windows comes back with "Ooops, sorry it was probably our fault". I have all...
  7. Can't sign into a microsoft account

Can't sign into a microsoft account: I've done all I could; even to the extent of a Windows reinstall. I also cannot check for updates. This includes but is not limited to:Microsoft account service automatic did nothingGPolicy microsoft account did nothingwsreset did nothingWindows reinstall did...
  8. Can't sign in to my account

Can't sign in to my account: As normal this evening after logging into my account this pop up shows so as it clearly directed I've signed out of my account and after re-logging again this pop-up shows againI can clearly find most of my files on my hard disk but 1 I can't find my files on desktop 2I just...
  9. Can't sign into your account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't sign into your account: I was playing Minecraft and it crashed. And I tried to restart to close Minecraft but after restarting, their is a window telling me "Can't sign into your account." I tried to sign out and sign back in as instructed but it didn't work. How can I solve the problem?...
  10. Can't sign in with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in with microsoft account: Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago. 17282