Windows 10: Can’t sign into computer even though my password is correct

Discus and support Can’t sign into computer even though my password is correct in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently restarted my pc, and when I turned it back on, I entered my pin like usual. However, even though I’m sure it was correct, no matter how many... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by keeganmassingill, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Can’t sign into computer even though my password is correct

I recently restarted my pc, and when I turned it back on, I entered my pin like usual. However, even though I’m sure it was correct, no matter how many times I enter it, I always get the message “That password is incorrect. Make sure you’re using the password for your Microsoft account. If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it from the lock screen or at account.live.com/password/reset.” So I tried signing in to the same account on a different device using the password I knew was right, and it worked completely fine. Next, I reset my microsoft account password from the lock screen. I got the email to confirm the code, and after I reset the password, I tried signing into my computer using the new password and got the same message every time. I even signed in again on a different device using the new password and it worked fine. So I’m locked out of my computer with no way to get back in. I even tried entering safe mode and it didn’t help anything. Please help!

:)

keeganmassingill, Aug 4, 2020

2. Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.

when signing in it says that my password is incorrect. Changing password doesn't help, I put my password into that and it says something along the lines of I need to use a different pass word than what I had before even though that's the password I've
    been using and hasn't been working the entire time! Changing the password doesn't help either, I still get the incorrect password when using it.

thenobleshrimp, Aug 4, 2020
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Can’t sign into computer even though my password is correct

.even though password is right not able to sign in.

I have restarted my PC in safe mode .it is asking for password .i have forgotten now.even though password is right not able to sign in.please help me

sakethgaddemane, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Can’t sign into computer even though my password is correct

1. Can’t sign into computer even though my password is correct - Similar Threads - Can’t sign computer

2. Using correct password but can’t sign into outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using correct password but can’t sign into outlook: Cannot sign into outlook mail even though using the correct password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-correct-password-but-cant-sign-into-outlook/209ff2fa-0cf2-481b-9ddd-427a138c61f6
  3. Using correct password but can’t sign into outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using correct password but can’t sign into outlook: Cannot sign into outlook mail even though using the correct password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-correct-password-but-cant-sign-into-outlook/209ff2fa-0cf2-481b-9ddd-427a138c61f6
  4. Can’t log in with correct password and can’t troubleshoot computer.

Can’t log in with correct password and can’t troubleshoot computer.: I haven’t used my pc in a while, probably a few months, so I tried turning it on. It opened the login screen as usual but when I try to log in, it says my password is incorrect. no caps lock, also view the password after clicking the eye icon before entering, and for many...
  5. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  6. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  7. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can’t login even with correct password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t login even with correct password: Hi,My Surface Book running Windows 10 was running perfectly fine until I received a windows notification that a scan disk was required this wasn’t in response to a pop up or other malware. When I restarted my system, drive C went through a disk scan and no errors or other...
  9. PC not accepting my Windows password even though correct.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC not accepting my Windows password even though correct.: How do I get around the issue of my PC not accepting my Windows password? The password works whenever I turn on my computer and sign in, or try to unlock the screen after locking it, or after it times out. But it doesn't work when I try to use it in the box that requires it...
  10. Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign into microsoft account even though password is correct.: when signing in it says that my password is incorrect. Changing password doesn't help, I put my password into that and it says something along the lines of I need to use a different pass word than what I had before even though that's the password I've been using and hasn't...