Windows 10: Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection

Discus and support Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to sign in to edge/cortana and it keeps saying I don't have internet connection even thought I do. I'm able to search the web and do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NancyDavila1, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection

I'm trying to sign in to edge/cortana and it keeps saying I don't have internet connection even thought I do. I'm able to search the web and do everything else. my laptop is running windows 10S Home edition. I also tried switching out of S mode and it sends me to the Microsoft store and can't sign in there either.

it reads ---- It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf

:)

NancyDavila1, Oct 24, 2020

2. Microsoft edge & cortana saying no internet connection!

Microsoft edge & cortana saying no internet connection whereas internet is connected via Ethernet & says Internet access can anyone help this only started when I installed languages & speech to use cortana before everything was working fine after upgrade
    from windows 7 to windows 10! Can anyone help please!

JamiaIslamia, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Cant get Cortana to work, says it's not connected to the internet.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joy Kemprai.

Title:
    Cant get Cortana To work

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

I have done all the above and have a 50mbps connection. Help. Thank You

John Schaus, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Asel74 Win User

Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection

Cortana and edge not connecting to Internet

Hi Jessen,

I have the same problem with Edge and Cortana. I have followed your advice, but the trouble-shooting found nothing wrong.

I updated from W7 to W10, and Cortana / Edge seemed to work fine, but one day later they can't get connected. I have WIFI connectivity, and my browsers work fine. I have Norton Internet Security installed (version 22.5.2.15) and have checked the firewall.
    One more thing. I have an error code 0x8002EFD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Asel74, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection

1. Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection - Similar Threads - Can't sign cortana

2. Can't Sign In Using PIN & Microsoft Says I Have No Internet Connection When I Am Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sign In Using PIN & Microsoft Says I Have No Internet Connection When I Am Connected: Greetings.I have a laptop. A few days ago I saw a prompt to activate Defender, which I thought was already activated, so I clicked it I have BitDefender Free as well. Everything was OK until I went to use the laptop and saw a BIOS update happening from HP. After the auto...
  3. Can't Sign In Using PIN & Microsoft Says I Have No Internet Connection When I Am Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Sign In Using PIN & Microsoft Says I Have No Internet Connection When I Am Connected: Greetings.I have a laptop. A few days ago I saw a prompt to activate Defender, which I thought was already activated, so I clicked it I have BitDefender Free as well. Everything was OK until I went to use the laptop and saw a BIOS update happening from HP. After the auto...
  4. Can't Sign In Using PIN & Microsoft Says I Have No Internet Connection When I Am Connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't sign in or connect to internet

Can't sign in or connect to internet: When entering my pin, I get the message "Your device is offline. Try a different sign in method." I am indeed offline, but I shouldn't need to be online to login. But I am, and I have the no network symbol even though I'm connected to the wifi network. I have the "no...
  6. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.: I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.264. I recently changed to the Windows Insider Program and updated Windows. In the taskbar, the Wi-Fi icon shows No Internet Access, but I have a stable internet connection wirelessly Ex: I can browse the...
  7. cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    cortana can't connect to the internet: Hi, My Cortana can't connect to the internet, it says "I can't connect at the moment , try again in a little bit" My WiFi connection works just fine, my laptop is up to date, my search bar works too, and I tried using a local account, but still don't work. this is...
  8. Cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    Cortana can't connect to the internet: if i try to talk to Cortana, it says that it can't connect to the internet...I think the problem occurred because i tried to change Cortana's speech recognition language but now i don't know how to fix that...I've tried reinstalling the English(US) Speech Recognition pack...
  9. Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet.: So I use a dsl pppoe connection to access internet. [ATTACH][ATTACH] But recently I discovered I can not access ms store or other metro apps. Even windows update is showing error. [ATTACH] Then when I check my settings it says not connected. Even though I am connected...
  10. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Edge says I am not connected to the internet: Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana....