Windows 10: Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

Discus and support Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account in Cortana to solve the problem; After trying to Log In to Cortana with my Microsoft Account, I get this message.We're Having Trouble Signing You InTry AgainSign In With Different... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Stratmandoo, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

After trying to Log In to Cortana with my Microsoft Account, I get this message.We're Having Trouble Signing You InTry AgainSign In With Different AccountHere is a list of the things I have tried.* I have created new Local Account in Settings/Accounts and tried logging into Cortana with this account. I have then gone back and tried my current Microsoft Account again. * I have tried the following in Settings/Apps & Features/Cortana/Advanced Options.Terminate - I have Terminated the appRuns At Log-In - Ensured Cortana is OnReset - I have tried Repairing and Resetting the app* I have uninstal

:)

Stratmandoo, Jan 19, 2023

2. Unable to use Cortana after signing into Microsoft Account

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you are using a Microsoft Account or a Local Account.

I would like to inform that, if you are using a Local account, you will not be able to use Cortana. Cortana can be accessed only if the Microsoft Account is used as a User account. So, I suggest you to change the user account to a Microsoft account by following
    the steps below and check for status.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.

• In the right pane, click on Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.

• Follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 19, 2023
  3. How to access Cortana on local account in Windows 10?

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that when you try to configure the Windows built-in apps on your computer you will have to enter Microsoft account. However, you can use local account to configure Cortana.

As currently you are on Microsoft account, try to log-in to that account, convert Microsoft account to Local account on your computer, configure Cortana and check if it helps.

Step 1: To convert the Microsoft account to local account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want to set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Step 2: The below are the steps to setup Cortana on local user account in Windows 10

• Log-in to your computer using local account.

• Click on Search bar in the
      Taskbar.

• Click on Next button.

• Click on Use Cortana.

• After agreeing with its privacy terms, Cortana will ask you to sign in with a Microsoft account.

• Here, you will be able to set the Microsoft account to be used only with Cortana, not with any other features or apps from Windows 10. Also, it will not replace your local account in Windows 10.

• Click on Sign in button.

• Enter the details of your Microsoft account and click on
      Sign in.

• At this step, click on Sign in to just this app instead

• Now Cortana is enabled and working for your local account on your Windows 10 device.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updates status of accessing Cortana on local account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2023
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

Cannot sign in to Microsoft Account (Cortana) using Win10

I've just upgraded to Win10, and I am trying to sign into my Microsoft Account in order to use Cortana, however I am caught in a loop and it won't accept my credentials.

The credentials are definitely right, verified by accessing the Microsoft account via https://account.microsoft.com. Also, if I type my credentials incorrectly when trying to sign in on my PC I am told the credentials are wrong - therefore I can be certain that the authentication process is taking place.

Steps are as follows:

• Start
    • Type "Your Account"
    • Enter
    • Scroll down on the Setting window
    • "Add a Microsoft account"
    • Enter email and password (for Microsoft account)
    • Sign in

Nothing happens. I am returned to the previous screen and not logged in.

The same is true when I place my cursor in the bottom left hand corner search bar. I am asked to sign in to be able to use Cortana, the dialogues about getting you to sign in just go round in a loop after I've entered my credentials.

Tenforo, Jan 19, 2023
Thema:

Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

1. Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account - Similar Threads - Can't sign Cortana

2. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  3. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to local account: Hello, I cannot sign into my local account from administrator. Whenever I click Start>My Profile, it doesn't have an option of other local accounts that I have created. It doesn't show to sign into a local account instead in the settings. I already updated my computer...
  4. Can't sign in to local account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account: After trying to Log In to Cortana with my Microsoft Account, I get this message.We're Having Trouble Signing You InTry AgainSign In With Different AccountHere is a list of the things I have tried.* I have created new Local Account in Settings/Accounts and tried logging into...
  6. Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account: After trying to Log In to Cortana with my Microsoft Account, I get this message.We're Having Trouble Signing You InTry AgainSign In With Different AccountHere is a list of the things I have tried.* I have created new Local Account in Settings/Accounts and tried logging into...
  7. can't sign in to my microsoft account through cortana

in Cortana
    can't sign in to my microsoft account through cortana: [ATTACH]why this message keeps appearing despite I am 19 years old ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-to-my-microsoft-account-through/09b87dfd-9e30-470f-ac48-dd5d02d48b76
  8. Can't sign in with Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in with Local Account: I can't sign in with Windows Hello or my pin number on my surface pro. I have to sign in with my Microsoft Account each time the laptop is locked. When I try to switch to a local account, I enter my password and set up my a new password, click next and it gives me the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...