Windows 10: Can't sign into Games for Windows Life

Discus and support Can't sign into Games for Windows Life in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had to reset my Microsoft Password so I could get into Onedrive but then that same password wouldn't work for Games for Windows Live. I can't use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luke Beauchamp, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Can't sign into Games for Windows Life

I had to reset my Microsoft Password so I could get into Onedrive but then that same password wouldn't work for Games for Windows Live. I can't use the password I used for GFWL previously or the new one. To make certain I was using the correct password I used it to sign into the Microsoft website and it worked.

I tried resetting the password from within the GFWL client and it just took me to a dead link. What can I do?

:)

Luke Beauchamp, Oct 17, 2018

2. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Oct 17, 2018
  4. Can't sign into Games for Windows Life

Jigsaw can't sign in

We also suggest resetting Microsoft Jigsaw from the Settings menu to resolve any corrupted game data.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find Microsoft Jigsaw and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Sign in to the game and check if it works.

Another solution we recommend is to uninstall and reinstall the game. This will replace corrupted game files. Refer to

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10
    for the steps.

Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to provide you additional suggestions.

Catherine Cus., Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't sign into Games for Windows Life

1. Can't sign into Games for Windows Life - Similar Threads - Can't sign Games

2. I can't sign in to Games with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to Games with Microsoft Account: I try to sign in and appear a black box and it close immediately. https://imgur.com/kq4m4x8.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-games-with-microsoft-account/28029bff-5553-43b5-bfcc-79562763f36b
  3. I can't sign in to Games with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in to Games with Microsoft Account: I try to sign in and appear a black box and it close immediately. https://imgur.com/kq4m4x8.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-games-with-microsoft-account/28029bff-5553-43b5-bfcc-79562763f36b
  4. Can't Install Windows Updates for the Life of Me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Windows Updates for the Life of Me: Hello, I cannot get the updates in the screenshot below to install. I work in IT so I have tried everything I know and also things I find on the internet.Here is a list of things I tried that failed:1. Ran Windows Update Troubleshooter - It said there was no issues with...
  5. Can't Install Windows Updates for the Life of Me

Can't Install Windows Updates for the Life of Me: Hello, I cannot get the updates in the screenshot below to install. I work in IT so I have tried everything I know and also things I find on the internet.Here is a list of things I tried that failed:1. Ran Windows Update Troubleshooter - It said there was no issues with...
  6. Can't Install Windows Updates for the Life of Me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Dreaded We can't sign in to your account Ruined My Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dreaded We can't sign in to your account Ruined My Life: Last Monday I used my laptop all day without issue. Tuesday when I attempted to logon I was greeted with the "We can't sign in to your account" screen. I picked close only to be logged in as a temp user. I created another admin account in the hopes of copying over the files...
  8. Dreaded We can't sign in to your account Ruined My Life

Dreaded We can't sign in to your account Ruined My Life: Last Monday I used my laptop all day without issue. Tuesday when I attempted to logon I was greeted with the "We can't sign in to your account" screen. I picked close only to be logged in as a temp user. I created another admin account in the hopes of copying over the files...
  9. Dreaded We can't sign in to your account Ruined My Life

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can't sign into Xbox App or Game Bar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Xbox App or Game Bar on Windows 10: It just started today and yesterday and I don't know why. When I click sign in it just ignores it. I don't get an error code or anything like what other people said they had. It isn't like this on my Xbox App on my phone or my Xbox One though. Anyone know how to fix this?...