Windows 10: Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail

Discus and support Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So recently I got a new laptop. I'm not sure where it came from, but it definitely wasn't brand new. I reset the whole thing after getting it for extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by daaHamster, May 7, 2019.

1. Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail

So recently I got a new laptop. I'm not sure where it came from, but it definitely wasn't brand new. I reset the whole thing after getting it for extra measures. Then I proceed to get my own info into this baby.

Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail df64ff24-1193-48eb-b310-d70fb2783806?upload=true.png
    And here we have the device specifications in the picture above. Sadly no one named this computer Bill Nye the Science Guy. It deserves a name. I'll give it a nice name after we solve this problem.

So I changed the system colors into pink- because why not? And I also change up the wallpapers to make it spicy. Then I noticed the Mail Icon in the taskbar. I pressed it and attempted to log my Gmail Account in. For some reason it doesn't like me that much and doesn't let me log in. Pretty evil if you ask me. So apparently something went wrong here. The error code given is "0x8000000b". I dunno what that is but hopefully one of you can help me solve this mystery right here.

Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail 6383c7bf-4dee-41d6-b31b-75fa5946ac7b?upload=true.png

Here's the pop-up above. I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with my Gmail account since I log it in on other devices and platforms smoothly but can't seem to be able in this built-in mail system. It would be really nice if someone can figure this out. uwu ;>

:)

daaHamster, May 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, May 7, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, May 7, 2019
  4. Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail

Yahoo mail - alternative accounts

Sounds promising, I have a Gmail account. How do I verify the Yahoo account using it ?

I have sent several Gmails to john @yahoo.com, but all I get are mail failure emails back saying the account is not available. I also did this with OE a few times with the same result.

Why `o why can`t Yahoo be more explicit in their instructions. I am no dummy, but I give in on this one.

Bald Eagle, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail

1. Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail - Similar Threads - Can't Sign Gmails

2. Why can't I sign into Gmail with Windows Live Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I sign into Gmail with Windows Live Mail?: I made sure I input everything correctly, including turning on IMAP, but WLM always says "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your user name and password are correct."...
  3. Can't sign into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail: HiAll of a sudden I can't sign in to one of my gmail accounts in Windows Live Mail. The password is saved so I don't need to enter it but I am getting the message 'The Server has rejected your login' due to non-network error and the suggestion it was because I was running low...
  4. Can't sign into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail: HiAll of a sudden I can't sign in to one of my gmail accounts in Windows Live Mail. The password is saved so I don't need to enter it but I am getting the message 'The Server has rejected your login' due to non-network error and the suggestion it was because I was running low...
  5. Can't sign in into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail: HiAll of a sudden I can't sign in to one of my gmail accounts in Windows Live Mail. The password is saved so I don't need to enter it but I am getting the message 'The Server has rejected your login' due to non-network error and the suggestion it was because I was running low...
  6. Can't sign in into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail

Can't sign in into a gmail account on Windows Live Mail: HiAll of a sudden I can't sign in to one of my gmail accounts in Windows Live Mail. The password is saved so I don't need to enter it but I am getting the message 'The Server has rejected your login' due to non-network error and the suggestion it was because I was running low...
  7. Can't "Manage" Gmail account in the Mail app.

Can't "Manage" Gmail account in the Mail app.: My gmail account is not syncing in the Mail app on my Surface Pro. When I click on the account in Manage Accounts under Settings, nothing happens. I would like to delete the account and re-add it. Please advise!...
  8. Can't change name for gmail account in mail app

Can't change name for gmail account in mail app: I'm using Win10 Mail App Version 16005.13426.20368.0 I recently realized that my gmail account sends mails under the wrong display name. My setup has 3 mail accounts gmx, gmail #1, gmail #2 and gmail #2 sends mails under the wrong name. I tried changing the name under...
  9. Can't add Gmail account to "mail" on Window 10

Can't add Gmail account to "mail" on Window 10: Hi, I am using Zenbook flip 15 and I have tried 4 solutions already (as shown below) and none of them worked. 1. The most common solution: advanced setting and typing imap.gmail.com:993 and smtp.gmail.com:465 2. enable IMAP on my gmail account 3. check if firewall...
  10. can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home

can't add gmail account to mail in win10 home: Dear I have bought new Huawei Mate Book. I have add one of my account on gmail to mail app, but after sync it has not upload any of my old emails. And after I tried to add other gmail account, after inset the password the error 0x0000008b appeared and I cannot continues. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign into gmail on windows phone