Windows 10: Cant sign into laptop

Discus and support Cant sign into laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My laptop says its offline and wont let me sign in and says to use my last password which doesn't work. I've restarted it. disconnected and connected... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BritJohnson, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Cant sign into laptop

My laptop says its offline and wont let me sign in and says to use my last password which doesn't work. I've restarted it. disconnected and connected the internet plenty of times and have changed my password but it wont work.

:)

BritJohnson, Jan 11, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 11, 2019
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant sign into laptop

Inability to sign on to my laptop

Hi,

It's possible for you to change the sign-in method of your computer once you're logged in. Since you can't remember your password, if you're using your Microsoft account, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided in this article: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.
    If you're using a local account, follow the steps here instead: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password

Once you're able to sign in, you can change the sign-in options by following these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Sign-in options.

• Press Enter.

• Under PIN, click Add.

• Enter your password or any other required information when prompted and click
      OK.

• Enter at PIN number with at least 4 digits and click OK.

Let us know if you need help with any other concerns.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Cant sign into laptop

1. Cant sign into laptop - Similar Threads - Cant sign laptop

2. Cant sign in..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign in..: I'm trying to sign into one of my Microsoft accounts but i can't because I don't have access to the email. Which was fine since i had the number, but my phone number suddenly got changed not that long ago got a new phone, still have the old one so I'm unable to receive a...
  3. Cant sign in on this laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign in on this laptop: I have Microsoft account use to sign in to my laptop. I was able to sign in before but today it says incorrect password. I have other device so I tried to check if I can sign in properly my account using web and it was successful but not on the laptop which is having issue. I...
  4. Cant sign in on this laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant sign in on this laptop: I have Microsoft account use to sign in to my laptop. I was able to sign in before but today it says incorrect password. I have other device so I tried to check if I can sign in properly my account using web and it was successful but not on the laptop which is having issue. I...
  5. Cant sign in on this laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Cant sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant sign in: I cant sign in to PC since the password box is missing. I dont have option to switch to PIN. It suddenly happens and I dont know why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in/0b6e1056-b869-45f5-b75c-6e5167a4418f
  7. cant sign in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant sign in: hii can not sign in my account. forgot the password and when it moves me to an autorisation app, i cant sign in to my autorisation app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in/d6c4834c-f3c7-4f66-9023-cdb7ccde2db8
  8. Cant Sign into Windows on Toshiba laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant Sign into Windows on Toshiba laptop: My laptop did an update last weekend. Now when I turn on my computer it tells me "You've entered an incorrect PIN several time. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." When I enter this code, it gives me a box to put in my PIN. The problem is, I have never set up a PIN on this...
  9. Cant sign in to my Laptop Offline!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant sign in to my Laptop Offline!!: when I start my laptop, I sign in to my windows account. Someone tried to open my Laptop and did too many incorrect attempts. So the problem is my laptop only allows me to sign in when there is net connection on unlike before. When i am offline i can not sign in to my windows...
  10. Cant sign in!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant sign in!: Hi. I am trying to fix a laptop that I have recived. I signed into it with my microsoft account for a while, then sighed out. For a while, it let me use my pin from my MS account. Today, I happened to try to sign into my admin account, but it refused to let me use me use...