Windows 10: Cant sign into laptop

Discus and support Cant sign into laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My laptop says its offline and wont let me sign in and says to use my last password which doesn't work. I've restarted it. disconnected and connected... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BritJohnson, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Cant sign into laptop

My laptop says its offline and wont let me sign in and says to use my last password which doesn't work. I've restarted it. disconnected and connected the internet plenty of times and have changed my password but it wont work.

:)

BritJohnson, Jan 11, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 11, 2019
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant sign into laptop

Inability to sign on to my laptop

Hi,

It's possible for you to change the sign-in method of your computer once you're logged in. Since you can't remember your password, if you're using your Microsoft account, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided in this article: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.
    If you're using a local account, follow the steps here instead: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password

Once you're able to sign in, you can change the sign-in options by following these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Sign-in options.

• Press Enter.

• Under PIN, click Add.

• Enter your password or any other required information when prompted and click
      OK.

• Enter at PIN number with at least 4 digits and click OK.

Let us know if you need help with any other concerns.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Cant sign into laptop

1. Cant sign into laptop - Similar Threads - Cant sign laptop

2. Cant sign in!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant sign in!: Hi. I am trying to fix a laptop that I have recived. I signed into it with my microsoft account for a while, then sighed out. For a while, it let me use my pin from my MS account. Today, I happened to try to sign into my admin account, but it refused to let me use me use...
  3. Toshiba Satellite laptop, cant sign into microsoft acount.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Toshiba Satellite laptop, cant sign into microsoft acount.: Since factory resetting my Toshiba Satellite laptop, I am unable to get past the sign in stage. I have entered the correct password for my Microsoft account but it tells me the password is incorrect, when Its not. At the bottom of the page, the only icons showing are the...
  4. cant sign into xbox live

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant sign into xbox live: Ok... I cant sign into xbox live for some reason. It keeps telling me that I am not connected to the internet The error code is 0x800704cf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-into-xbox-live/50204301-7b30-4902-99ad-93234af0356b
  5. Computer will not sign in "We cant sign into your account" error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer will not sign in "We cant sign into your account" error: I went to move my computer from one house to the other. While I am uncertain it may have been a hard shut down with the power cable pulled. When I set my computer back up tonight it will not sign into my regular profile, instead a default temporary profile. I have tried...
  6. Cant sign in for windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant sign in for windows 10: So i was playing fortnite in pc then i went to change my mouse sensitivity so when i do that im sure im pc crashed so i rebooted my pc i donr it a second time and the same thing happened so i thought that was weird so i went for a third try for booting up pc think I'll just...
  7. Cant Sign in on Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Sign in on Xbox App: I used To Play asphalt 9; but when I try to connect it to the community it shows me an error saying can't sign in. error Code is: 0x409 0x42b Note: I tried resetting the app but didn't work....
  8. i cant sign in to my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant sign in to my pc: I cant sign in using my password on my pc - I then change my password using the forgotten password prompt. I then go through and change my password. The new password works on my laptop downstairs but not on the pc I have just changed it on ??? I use my Microsoft account to...
  9. Cant sign in as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant sign in as Administrator: At log in screen there is only one option it is log in as administrator. When I click on Administrator I get "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator. I click OK but it takes me back to the log in screen and I only have one option to log in as...
  10. Cant sign into my Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant sign into my Microsoft Account: I am having trouble getting my microsoft apps connect to the internet. I first noticed that my windows store wouldnt connect. I search online, found a few things to try but nothing helped, I tried signing out of my Microsoft account with the intention of restarting and...