Windows 10: Can't sign into Microsoft Accounts anywhere

Discus and support Can't sign into Microsoft Accounts anywhere in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; While trying to log into Xbox Console Companion, I got an 0x404 error. This led me to try to log in to my Microsoft Account somewhere else, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImZaphod2, May 28, 2020.

1. Can't sign into Microsoft Accounts anywhere

While trying to log into Xbox Console Companion, I got an 0x404 error. This led me to try to log in to my Microsoft Account somewhere else, which didn't work anywhere: using an MS account instead of my local account is not working; your phone app is not working; I can't add new accounts in the Microsoft Store. I'm not getting any errors, there's just nothing happening at all. (I also can't add new users via the Settings, but it works with netplwiz).

I already googled around, I do have the Xbox Identity Provider installed (already tried to reinstall via Power Shell) and all the required MS/Xbox services should be running.

Tomorrow I will try if I can do anything from the local default Admin account (maybe the problem fixes itself overnight lol). Hopefully, someone has some other helpful suggestions.

submitted by /u/ImZaphod2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ImZaphod2, May 28, 2020

2. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, May 28, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Can't sign into Microsoft Accounts anywhere :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 28, 2020
  4. Can't sign into Microsoft Accounts anywhere

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign into Microsoft Accounts anywhere

1. Can't sign into Microsoft Accounts anywhere - Similar Threads - Can't sign Microsoft

2. Can't sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into Microsoft account: Can't sign into my Microsoft, store and Xbox accounts on my PC. I can log in fine via the browser.When I click "Sign In" a window appears for a second and then disappears.If I try to "Add someone else to this PC", the same happens, a window appears for a second and then...
  3. Can't Sign into Microsoft Account Anywhere

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Sign into Microsoft Account Anywhere: Hello. My user profile is a "Local Account" because when I attempt to sign-in it displays this: Opening the Xbox App and clicking "Sign In" doesn't work, either. The first attempt refreshes the front page of the store but gives no window to enter log-in information. Further...
  4. Can't Sign into Microsoft Account Anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sign into Microsoft Account Anywhere: Hello. My user profile is a "Local Account" because when I attempt to sign-in it displays this: Opening the Xbox App and clicking "Sign In" doesn't work, either. The first attempt refreshes the front page of the store but gives no window to enter log-in information. Further...
  5. Can't Sign into Microsoft Account Anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't sign into a microsoft account

Can't sign into a microsoft account: I've done all I could; even to the extent of a Windows reinstall. I also cannot check for updates. This includes but is not limited to:Microsoft account service automatic did nothingGPolicy microsoft account did nothingwsreset did nothingWindows reinstall did...
  7. Can't sign in with microsoft account

Can't sign in with microsoft account: Hi I just reinstalled my Windows 10 pro and I didn't sign in with my microsoft account during it because I had to install my wifi driver manually after the OS install and now I can't sign in with my Microsoft account. When I click on the sign in, the regular login form window...
  8. Can't sign into Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign into Microsoft Account: When i try to sign into a Microsoft account on the Microsoft store it always comes up with "We encounted an error, please try signing in later". My steps i use are: 1) Open Microsoft Store 2) Sign in 3) Use a different account: Microsoft account 4) We encounted an...
  9. Can't sign in with Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in with Microsoft Account: I am currently not able to sign-in with my Microsoft Account into the Microsoft Store. Every time I try it, it says just "We encountered an Error. Please try signing in again later.". I am also not able to login into the Xbox App. When I try to sign in there, it says:"We are...
  10. Can't sign in with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in with microsoft account: Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago. 17282