Windows 10: Can't sign into Microsoft Store on main account, but can on other Windows accounts

Discus and support Can't sign into Microsoft Store on main account, but can on other Windows accounts in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can't sign into my Microsoft account. I've switched my local account to a Microsoft account and made sure the Microsoft Account service is set to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by bbbaiiq, Apr 20, 2019.

1. bbbaiiq Win User

Can't sign into Microsoft Store on main account, but can on other Windows accounts

I can't sign into my Microsoft account. I've switched my local account to a Microsoft account and made sure the Microsoft Account service is set to automatic. I've tried elevated powershell with the Get-AppxPackage commands for all windows apps. I've tried the troubleshooter and have reset the Windows Store that way. I've tried SFC. Through all of this no matter what I do, when I try to sign into the Microsoft Store app it says "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later." The weird part is that when I made another windows account just now and signed into the store it worked perfectly, however I need this to work on my actual main Windows account. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on here? This worked fine on my main account for a long time until Windows started to bug out and I even reset Windows fully and the problem persisted.

:)

bbbaiiq, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Yes. When you sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account like in step 5 in Option Two of the tutorial below instead of switching to a Microsoft account you will and stay a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Apr 20, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

Can't sign into Microsoft Store on main account, but can on other Windows accounts

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't sign into Microsoft Store on main account, but can on other Windows accounts - Similar Threads - Can't sign Microsoft

2. Microsoft Account Sign in to Store and other apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Sign in to Store and other apps.: Whenever I try to sign in to Microsoft Account (like in Excel or store), I get no internet message even though I have access to internet. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 build 17763.503 Here's the overview of my problem. Notice that Store as access to internet but not...
  3. Can't sign in with Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in with Microsoft Account: I am currently not able to sign-in with my Microsoft Account into the Microsoft Store. Every time I try it, it says just "We encountered an Error. Please try signing in again later.". I am also not able to login into the Xbox App. When I try to sign in there, it says:"We are...
  4. Can't sign in Microsoft account instead

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in Microsoft account instead: Hi, when I want to sign in as a Microsoft account instead it always showed "Oops, something went wrong etc". how do I solved this problem? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-instead/2a92f86f-8ca5-42a6-be2b-1e4a8ac9abfb
  5. sign into microsoft account

sign into microsoft account: hi there, iwant to sign in my microsoft account in my computer setting account. ive inserted my email and microsoft password, and it says to also enter the current windows password. idont know a thing about current windows password. what is that actually, and how do i want to...
  6. Can't sign in with Microsoft account specifically

Can't sign in with Microsoft account specifically: I've been having an issue in which I can sign into any of the store apps like calendar or email with my gmail, but trying my Microsoft account gives me an error code 0x80070781 Heres what I know. The problem is local (same error even when offline) It only affects...
  7. Microsoft account sign in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft account sign in: I have a desktop and a new laptop. The laptop won't sign into the Microsoft account using the same password. Anyone got any clues on this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-sign-in/b42e95b0-ba4e-4f81-9fa0-951337e658cf"
  8. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Can't sign in with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in with microsoft account: Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago. 17282

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant sign into microsoft store