Windows 10: Can't sign into my microsoft account on my PC?

Discus and support Can't sign into my microsoft account on my PC? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For whatever reason, I absolutely cannot sign into my Microsoft account on PC. My computer was sent in for repair and upon receiving it back, either... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aderoy, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Aderoy Win User

Can't sign into my microsoft account on my PC?

For whatever reason, I absolutely cannot sign into my Microsoft account on PC. My computer was sent in for repair and upon receiving it back, either the unit was wiped or gutted and parts replaced. I tried to sign in with my account using the authenticator app, but got this error message:
    Oops, something went wrong

Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again.​

So, I reset my microsoft password - same error.
    I noticed my authenticator app was using my old microsoft email - that was updated directly with Microsoft and I can't find the old email anywhere in the account - so I deleted my profile on the authenticator app, re-added my account to see if that would "flush" the data - same error.
    Got suspicious that I needed to delete the whole app, so I did, readded the account again - same error.

So, I went ahead and made a local account. I tried to do microsoft login, and I still get the error after entering the local account password.

I've tried signing in with email and authenticator, email and password, phone number and authenticator. NOTHING works, I always get the error message.

:)

Aderoy, Oct 22, 2020

2. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Can't sign into my microsoft account on my PC? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Can't sign into my microsoft account on my PC?

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign into my microsoft account on my PC?

1. Can't sign into my microsoft account on my PC? - Similar Threads - Can't sign microsoft

2. I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc: Please help me. After I connected my PC with my Microsoft account, everything was OK until I turned it off and turned it back on. It shows the sign-in screen and I can’t sign in. So, I decided to remove it from my Microsoft account from my phone but still can’t sign in....
  3. I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc: Please help me. After I connected my PC with my Microsoft account, everything was OK until I turned it off and turned it back on. It shows the sign-in screen and I can’t sign in. So, I decided to remove it from my Microsoft account from my phone but still can’t sign in....
  4. I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't sign in with my Microsoft account on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in with my Microsoft account on my laptop: Hi! So, I was trying to sign in to my laptop with my Microsoft Account instead of using the Local one. I entered my email and then my password, but then it asked for a password again, but when I entered the password I used for the previous one, it would only say that it was...
  6. Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc: Every time I try to sign into my microsoft account on the microsoft store or other apps that use it, it tells me that account doesn't exist. So I go to create a new one and it says that my email is already connected to a microsoft account and to log in, but when I try to log...
  7. Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc: Every time I try to sign into my microsoft account on the microsoft store or other apps that use it, it tells me that account doesn't exist. So I go to create a new one and it says that my email is already connected to a microsoft account and to log in, but when I try to log...
  8. Can't sign into my microsoft account on applications on my pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Can't sign in to my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't sign in to my microsoft account: I updated my system and I needed a file which was backed up in onedrive. Now i can't sign to onedrive !!! and i can't signin to microsoft edge to browse too!! What should I do now???...
  10. Can't sign in to anything with Microsoft account on my PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in to anything with Microsoft account on my PC: I'm unable to sign in to anything with a Microsoft account on PC. I've tried adding an account in settings, Mircosoft Store and Xbox App. I get the same error with all: Unable to sign in error code: 0x80070002 Method tried to fix: Quit store service. System scan....