Windows 10: Cant sign into my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Cant sign into my Microsoft Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am having trouble getting my microsoft apps connect to the internet. I first noticed that my windows store wouldnt connect. I search online, found a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nickynoo, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Nickynoo Win User

Cant sign into my Microsoft Account

I am having trouble getting my microsoft apps connect to the internet. I first noticed that my windows store wouldnt connect. I search online, found a few things to try but nothing helped, I tried signing out of my Microsoft account with the intention of restarting and signing into it again but windows just displays the message "oops something went wrong" each time I try to sign in. I had exhausted all of the "fixes" I found so I tried a system restore, took about an hour to restore and when the computer eventually restarted I was told that the restore was unsuccessful. Anyhow it didnt help, I still cant sign into my account. I also tried sfc /scannow but a command window pops up and immediately closes.

:)

Nickynoo, Jan 24, 2018
  2. JimTMan Win User

Can't sign into my Microsoft account

In getting started with Windows 10 I need to sign into my Microsoft account but after going to Your Account in settings I get a message "Something went wrong, try again or cancel and set up later" Trying again only gives me the same result. Meanwhile
    I'm unable to use any of the features of Win 10.

JimTMan, Jan 24, 2018
  3. Nathanphi Win User
    Can't sign into my Microsoft account

I've got the same issue. I've changed my password and still does not work.

Nathanphi, Jan 24, 2018
  4. Nickynoo Win User

Bit of an update, i read somewhere that i might have a corrupt user account. Just made another account and tried to use the settings app to change it into a microsoft account - the same message appears, something went wrong. Also ran a sfc /scannow and it came back with no problems detected. it seems that all microsoft apps, even edge refuse to see that im connected. How this happened I dont know because I have changed no settings and my microsoft account had been in use on this pc for about a year.

Nickynoo, Jan 25, 2018
  5. Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

Execute following command one at time:

Code: Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth[/quote]
    If above command does not help uninstall all third-party firewall and antivirus programs to see issue resolves.

How to reset your Microsoft account password

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  6. Nickynoo Win User
    Thanks for your help freebooter, altho i have managed to figure howbto run the command as an elevated administrator, i did run it and it found nothing, im running it again now - cant hurt. My real problem is that my windows 10 will not let my change from a local account to a micrisoft account. I have been having problems that my store was not detecting my internet connection, ive since found that all microsoft apps, including edge (i use firefox) wont detect my connection. Well i signed out of my microsoft account into a local account in the hopes that it would rectify the matter, it didnt and now i cant sign back into my microsoft account. Even with a local account i still cannot log into the store and the other apps.

Nickynoo, Jan 26, 2018
  7. If you want you can preinstalled apps back, you can get them back with a single line of PowerShell code. Open a PowerShell window as a Administrator. Copy and paste the following line into the PowerShell window and press Enter:

Code: Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}[/quote]
    This tells Windows to install those default apps again. Give it some time and allow it to finish, even if nothing appears to happen at first. Even if you see an error message, restart and examine your Start menu — you may just have all those default apps back again, anyway.

FreeBooter, Jan 26, 2018
  8. Nickynoo Win User

Ok Freebooter i still cant get into the microsoft store, use microsoft edge, use any of the windows 10 apps that require internet access and I still cannot sign into my microsoft account (i mean change my local account to to a microsoft account.) Please help.

Nickynoo, Jan 31, 2018
  9. FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2018
  10. Word Man Win User
    Can you go to account.microsoft.com and sign into your MS account there?

Word Man, Feb 1, 2018
  11. Nickynoo Win User
    Yes i can wordman, busy doing a repair install, taking a while because the wifi at work is so slow today.

Nickynoo, Feb 1, 2018
  12. Nickynoo Win User
    Im happy to say that the repair install worked but i did loose one thing and that is - all the internet connection problems ive been having lately. Anyway guys what the problem was ill guess we will never know, especially since i did run sfc /scannow and it reported no problems, yet the repair install obviously did fix sonething. Thank you.

Nickynoo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant sign into my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Cant sign Microsoft

2. Cant sign into microsoft apps with my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign into microsoft apps with my Microsoft account: im trying to log into my Microsoft account on apps like the Microsoft store, the Xbox app, and other such Microsoft owned apps. But when i try, the sign in screen pops up for a moment and then disappears. When i was setting up my pc i used my main email not the one my...
  3. i cant sign in into my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant sign in into my microsoft account: hey i need help asap, i started deleting some stuff and personalising my laptop, idk if it is bc i deleted something or it if its just because ii clicked into change my microsoft account onto a local account, BUT i cannot sign in into my microsoft account anymore, in none of...
  4. CANT SIGN INTO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT ON MY WINDOWS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CANT SIGN INTO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT ON MY WINDOWS: Hello, trying to sign into my Microsoft account on my computer but when i press ‘sign in’ a little grey window pops up saying ‘microsoft account’ pops up and disappears after a couple of seconds. If anyone could help that would be appreciated, thanks....
  5. I cant sign in to my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant sign in to my Microsoft Account: Hello,I am having a problem signing in to my Microsoft account I get the error below: "The Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."...
  6. I cant sign in to my Microsoft Account

I cant sign in to my Microsoft Account: Hello,I am having a problem signing in to my Microsoft account I get the error below: "The Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."...
  7. Cant sign into Microsoft account

Cant sign into Microsoft account: I reset my password due to the Twitch leak which might have contained passwords. Now that i have to sign back into some applications through the login box below its not allowing me to type in anything so i cant login. I tried searching for a solution already but the results...
  8. Cant sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant sign into Microsoft account: I reset my password due to the Twitch leak which might have contained passwords. Now that i have to sign back into some applications through the login box below its not allowing me to type in anything so i cant login. I tried searching for a solution already but the results...
  9. Cant sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. cant sign in to Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cant sign in to Microsoft account: so I was given this laptop from my school today to do my school work on and i went to log on to PowerPoint Microsoft it was telling me i have to log in with a school or business account but i have no idea how to log in because i dont remember being given an account to log on...