Windows 10: Can't sign into my personal account to set a PIN on my home pc

Discus and support Can't sign into my personal account to set a PIN on my home pc in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am trying to set a pin on my account but it's not allowing me because it thinks that my account is set up with my student email. When i... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Canklez, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Canklez Win User

Can't sign into my personal account to set a PIN on my home pc

Can't sign into my personal account to set a PIN on my home pc 7734fb18-7b25-4206-8184-d7a79291c1f9?upload=true.png

I am trying to set a pin on my account but it's not allowing me because it thinks that my account is set up with my student email. When i set the account on this pc, i originally set it to my personal, then it was in a way, but not, fully deleted from my computer,which i think set my default account to my school account. I know that when i put my school account on my personal computer i chose the option that didn't allow the school or organization to control my pc. But now when i tried to make my PIN it only shows my school email and when i try to log into my personal email, it gives me this.

How do i fix this?

:)

Canklez, Dec 29, 2019

2. Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

Can't sign into my personal account to set a PIN on my home pc 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Sign-in taking time after setting up PIN

Hello Harold,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it is frustrating when the features don’t work the way there are supposed to. Usually, it takes time to login using the PIN after setting it up for the first time, as Windows optimizes and connects all the applications
    linked to your Microsoft account to give access using the PIN.

I suggest you to try logging in again and wait for some time to let Windows optimize the PIN for next use.

However, if you want to remove the PIN you can follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Login to the PC using password, and go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    2. Under PIN click on
      Remove.
    3. Enter the password and click on
      OK.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't sign into my personal account to set a PIN on my home pc - Similar Threads - Can't sign personal

2. I TRY TO SETUP PIN TO SIGN IN TO MY PC AND I CAN'T SET THE PIN FOR SIGN-IN OPTIONS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I TRY TO SETUP PIN TO SIGN IN TO MY PC AND I CAN'T SET THE PIN FOR SIGN-IN OPTIONS: I just format my laptop and i want to set a pin to my pc. I am using my microsoft account after logging out formatting the laptop and clear the past user account. Now i cant set up a pin to lock my pc....
  3. I TRY TO SETUP PIN TO SIGN IN TO MY PC AND I CAN'T SET THE PIN FOR SIGN-IN OPTIONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I TRY TO SETUP PIN TO SIGN IN TO MY PC AND I CAN'T SET THE PIN FOR SIGN-IN OPTIONS: I just format my laptop and i want to set a pin to my pc. I am using my microsoft account after logging out formatting the laptop and clear the past user account. Now i cant set up a pin to lock my pc....
  4. I TRY TO SETUP PIN TO SIGN IN TO MY PC AND I CAN'T SET THE PIN FOR SIGN-IN OPTIONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant sign in my personal OneDrive account on my W11 home PC?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign in my personal OneDrive account on my W11 home PC?!: Forced to sign in on my school account or work account only?Error: AADSTS500200This should just work.... it works on my surface pro, why not my MAIN computer?...
  6. Cant sign in my personal OneDrive account on my W11 home PC?!

Cant sign in my personal OneDrive account on my W11 home PC?!: Forced to sign in on my school account or work account only?Error: AADSTS500200This should just work.... it works on my surface pro, why not my MAIN computer?...
  7. Can't sign in to my Microsoft Personal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to my Microsoft Personal account: Hello,I have an email address that is tied to both 1 Microsoft Organization account and 2 my Microsoft personal account. Before today when I tried to login, I either 1 get prompted to choose either account, or 2 when I enter the email, I get to pick if I want the...
  8. Can't sign in to my Microsoft Personal account

Can't sign in to my Microsoft Personal account: Hello,I have an email address that is tied to both 1 Microsoft Organization account and 2 my Microsoft personal account. Before today when I tried to login, I either 1 get prompted to choose either account, or 2 when I enter the email, I get to pick if I want the...
  9. Can't change personal PIN on personal home computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change personal PIN on personal home computer: I'm trying to change the PIN on my home PC, and Microsoft isn't letting me do so. When I go into Sign-In Options, the option for Windows hello PIN says "This option is currently unavailable—click here to learn more." It also says "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your...
  10. The Account setting is gone on my personal and my admin account on my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Account setting is gone on my personal and my admin account on my pc: The Account setting is gone on my personal and my admin account on my pc and i cant aslo change the date. Even if i want to login with my personal account on google it says groupmanagment wont let you do it and if i log in with my school account it works perfectly fine, i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pin you cant sign in with this account