Windows 10: Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure

Discus and support Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi.I am trying to sort out my OneDrive sign in. I can't sign in and get the error message "The was a problem signing you in. Please try again in a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthewTodd2, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure

Hi.I am trying to sort out my OneDrive sign in. I can't sign in and get the error message "The was a problem signing you in. Please try again in a few minutes." Somehow I have a couple of OneDrive folders, the actual OneDrive folder with 44GB worth of data and a folder inside what appears to be the old Documents folder with 472GB worth of data, which seems to be the right number. I was told in another thread in the OneDrive category how the wrong folder structure affects OneDrive syncing and want to sort this out.I attach a few screenshots to help you see the situation I am in:Actual OneDr

:)

MatthewTodd2, Aug 19, 2021

2. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete
    for more so. The OneDrive/documents is populated with files, but the c:/users/documents/ has no files, The 'Quick Access' list is compete and properly populated. Shall I generate the file structure in the /users/%username%/ folder? Any good articles?

Thanks. Howard

HowardSartori, Aug 19, 2021
  3. MesPia Win User
    Confused about Windows folder structure

I'm hoping someone can help clear my confusion about the Windows 10 folder structure. I will take the "Documents" folder as an example.

1. There is a Documents folder under OneDrive, which I assume is the Cloud copy of documents.
    2. There is a Documents folder under This PC, which I had thought was the on-disk copy of documents.
    3. But then I discovered a Documents folder under "This PC>OS (CCan't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure :)>Users>user_name, which appears to be the real on-disk folder, but it was empty.
    So what is "This PC>Documents"?

MesPia, Aug 19, 2021
  4. TarAn_D Win User

Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure

1. Can't sign into OneDrive; bad folder structure - Similar Threads - Can't sign OneDrive

2. Can't sign into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into OneDrive: In addition to not being able to sync Edge, here is the message that I get when I try to sign into OneDrive:ERRORSomething went wrong [1001]Correlation Id: 73f92f72-0da0-43e0-8d8f-a7d4e43b2029Timestamp: 2024-03-02T23:51:04.000ZDPTI:...
  3. Can't sign into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into OneDrive: In addition to not being able to sync Edge, here is the message that I get when I try to sign into OneDrive:ERRORSomething went wrong [1001]Correlation Id: 73f92f72-0da0-43e0-8d8f-a7d4e43b2029Timestamp: 2024-03-02T23:51:04.000ZDPTI:...
  4. Can't sign into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Folder structure of Onedrive lost

Folder structure of Onedrive lost: Hy, since today the folder structure of my personal onedrive is lost. All subfolder are shown inside the root folder. So I've 8.000 subfolders in the users\documents path. How to correct this, as I don't what happend? kr Andreas...
  6. Can't sign in to OneDrive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to OneDrive: I have not been able to sign in to OneDrive for months. I put in my user name and password with no problem. It asks if I want to use the existing or new file location - I've tried both multiple times. It always comes back with "There was a problem signing you in - please...
  7. folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive

folder structure of /users/... and relation to OneDrive: Some new installations of Windows 10 do not have folder in the /users/%username%/ folder or have only 1 or a few of the standard structure of 'backups, desktop, documents, downloads, pictures, music, video'. but the OneDrive folder structure is complete for more so. The...
  8. Folder structure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder structure: Hi I would like my folder structure to have the list view but show thumbnails for files within those folders. In the 'folder options' I can only set either picture view or list view. How can I achieve list view AND show thumbs? I have realised I can set this manunally...
  9. Can't Sign Into OneDrive

Can't Sign Into OneDrive: Hi I am trying to sign into OneDrive to renew my subscription but keep getting the following message. "Something went wrong and we can't sign you in at the moment. Please try again later. The Microsoft account login server has detected too many repeated authentication...
  10. Can't sign in to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't sign in to OneDrive: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro x86_64. My little cloud icon says, "not signed in". I'm signing on my computer with my Microsoft account and OneDrive gives absolutely no clue to any of this. No way to sign in with OneDrive and my normal account is fine. Thanks for any...