Windows 10: Can't sign into Windows 10 Admin Account.

Discus and support Can't sign into Windows 10 Admin Account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My niece and nephew are visiting. Therefore, I created an account for them to sign into my computer using the "family and friends" feature. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JC015, Jul 17, 2021.

1. JC015 Win User

Can't sign into Windows 10 Admin Account.

My niece and nephew are visiting. Therefore, I created an account for them to sign into my computer using the "family and friends" feature. However, now whenever I try to log into my account, I can only sign in to their accounts. When you click on the account that you are supposed to sign in to that should show up on the bottom left corner is not showing up. We have tried restarting the computer a million times and have gone on the account settings... but as they are not really "administrator" i don't even get the option for adding another "family or friend"Would appreciate it if anyone could

:)

JC015, Jul 17, 2021
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jul 17, 2021
  3. kokomojo Win User
    Admin account and my account on Windows 10 sign-in

When I boot up my Windows 10 desktop, the sign-in screen at the center of the display says, "Administrator" and below that it says that the password is incorrect.

In the bottom left-hand corner there are two listings: "admin" and "myname." I click on "myname" and then at the center of the screen is says my name and below that there's a blank box to enter the password. I enter my Windows password and all is well.

But I don't want to have to do this every time I boot up the computer. I want it to display my name right away and not "Administrator" which I did not create. The myname account is an administrator account.

I've gone into Settings and Accounts and there is only the "myname" account listed. I don't see any "Administrator" or "admin" account.

Some posts have suggested going into Computer Management and clicking on "Groups and Users" or "Users," but there are no such listings under Computer Management in Windows 10.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

kokomojo, Jul 17, 2021
  4. Claw57 Win User

Mail app only working when signed in under Admin account

Upgraded from Windows 7 about two months ago, but this just started a few days ago.
    Tried to read my email and found that I could not use the mail app when signed in under my User account. (previously worked fine.)
    If I sign in under my Admin account, the mail app works normally.
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling the mail/calendar app, and now I don't even have the icons to launch them- not even listed on the start menu, except when using the Admin account.
    Is there another way to launch or repair the app?
    Any suggested fixes?
    Don't want to keep having to sign in as Admin just to read my email.
    Thanks!

Claw57, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't sign into Windows 10 Admin Account. - Similar Threads - Can't sign Admin

2. Can't sign into Windows Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into Windows Account: I am aware that this has already been posted but the thread was clearly abandoned and I would like to be able to use my computer again. I uploaded this on another sight but got no response so I'm asking here. I promise I've tried pretty much everything you can find on google....
  3. Can't sign into Windows Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into Windows Account: I am aware that this has already been posted but the thread was clearly abandoned and I would like to be able to use my computer again. I uploaded this on another sight but got no response so I'm asking here. I promise I've tried pretty much everything you can find on google....
  4. Cannot sign in with admin account in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in with admin account in Windows 11: I have Windows 11 which I upgraded from Windows 10.I have an admin account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** … a primary alias.I sign onto windows using *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It is the only option available to me.How can I sign onto my...
  5. Cannot sign in with admin account in Windows 11

Cannot sign in with admin account in Windows 11: I have Windows 11 which I upgraded from Windows 10.I have an admin account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** … a primary alias.I sign onto windows using *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It is the only option available to me.How can I sign onto my...
  6. Can't access admin account windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access admin account windows 10: I created account from Setting > Account and I gave admin access. Then I restarted the laptop, and I didn't find the new account. So I locked in to my old account. And my admin permissions have disappeared. So I went into computer management.I found a new account created that...
  7. Can't access admin account windows 10

Can't access admin account windows 10: I created account from Setting > Account and I gave admin access. Then I restarted the laptop, and I didn't find the new account. So I locked in to my old account. And my admin permissions have disappeared. So I went into computer management.I found a new account created that...
  8. Can't sign into a Windows account

Can't sign into a Windows account: I'm trying to switch from a local administrator account to log in with a microsoft account. I get asked for my account email, verify it on my phone, then I get asked for my local account password. Windows comes back with "Ooops, sorry it was probably our fault". I have all...
  9. Can't "sign in" to local admin account.

Can't "sign in" to local admin account.: [ATTACH] So I intern as the "IT" guy at my high school and was put on this project. The picture above pops up every time I sign into the local admin account. If I try any other accounts on aforementioned PC, it works fine. When setting up the computer for the first time we...
  10. Admin account and my account on Windows 10 sign-in

Admin account and my account on Windows 10 sign-in: When I boot up my Windows 10 desktop, the sign-in screen at the center of the display says, "Administrator" and below that it says that the password is incorrect. In the bottom left-hand corner there are two listings: "admin" and "myname." I click on "myname" and then at the...