Windows 10: Can't sign into Windows 10 with password.

Discus and support Can't sign into Windows 10 with password. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, On the Windows 10 lockscreen, I have no option to sign in with a password. I can sign in with a pin, but the only thing that shows up where the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StampyScouse, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Can't sign into Windows 10 with password.

Hi,

On the Windows 10 lockscreen, I have no option to sign in with a password. I can sign in with a pin, but the only thing that shows up where the optionb to switch would be is "forgot pin".

Could I have som ehlp with this please?

Thankd

:)

StampyScouse, Oct 22, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't sign into Windows 10 with password.

Signing into Windows 10 password error...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Change under Change your account password.
    • Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Add under
      PIN
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems please follow the link below .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't sign into Windows 10 with password.

1. Can't sign into Windows 10 with password. - Similar Threads - Can't sign password

2. Can't sign in and find the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in and find the password: Hi,I have to sign in a microsoft account to use my PC. However, I forget the password and since the account email was my college email which has already expired, I can't check the code. I need to unlock my account and somehow sign in to use my PC. Please help....
  3. Can't sign in and find the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in and find the password: Hi,I have to sign in a microsoft account to use my PC. However, I forget the password and since the account email was my college email which has already expired, I can't check the code. I need to unlock my account and somehow sign in to use my PC. Please help....
  4. Can't sign in and find the password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10, sign in without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, sign in without password: I have just set up a new HP laptop for a friend but encountered a problem trying to set up sign in to windows 10 without using a windows password. when i opened up "netplwiz" the box to untick "start without sign in" is not there. It's available on my own lap top so is this a...
  6. Can't sign into Windows 10

Can't sign into Windows 10: My Windows 10 computer was working a few days ago when I shut it down normally. I set it up long ago so that a password is not required to start Windows. I don't use the lock screen feature either. When I start it up now, I get the screen with my user name, prompting me for...
  7. Win 10 I can't log on with password. Sign in password window is full of S's

Win 10 I can't log on with password. Sign in password window is full of S's: While trying to sign in and when reaching the small password window it fills automatically with the letter S : SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Windows does not accept my password as it just reads the SSSSSS'S! I have tried three different keyboards and the screen version. I was...
  8. Can't disable "Sign-in password required"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable "Sign-in password required": Windows 10 Pro version 1909, build 18363.535. Up until recently I wasn't required to enter a password to log in, this is my personal computer at home. I had added my old job's email address a bit ago, but I no longer work there. It wasn't letting me remove it and kept...
  9. windows sign in password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows sign in password: I forgot my password. Can someone please explain how I can cancel or reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sign-in-password/8608fcfb-c481-4171-a738-43f8d3b23411
  10. sign on without password windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign on without password windows 10: how to sign in on windows 10 with using a password every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-on-without-password-windows-10/a5e11eac-3ab4-4466-a4c2-6b9d94d094c7