Windows 10: Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

Discus and support Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently i logged into my windows using a microsoft account i recently created and now i can't sign out of it or switch to a local accountI don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Uday ‎Sri Harsha, May 23, 2023.

1. Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

Recently i logged into my windows using a microsoft account i recently created and now i can't sign out of it or switch to a local accountI don't know what really went wrong but i can't really sign it out, i can sign out my university account thoughSFC scan won't helpReinstalling windows is a hassle since i have lot of stuff in here like account related data.

:)

Uday ‎Sri Harsha, May 23, 2023

2. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, May 23, 2023
  3. Mindweaver, May 23, 2023
  4. DarWun Win User

Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, May 23, 2023
Thema:

Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

1. Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account! - Similar Threads - Can't Sign Microsoft

2. Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!: Recently i logged into my windows using a microsoft account i recently created and now i can't sign out of it or switch to a local accountI don't know what really went wrong but i can't really sign it out, i can sign out my university account thoughSFC scan won't...
  3. Can't switch to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to local account: I've signed in with a microsoft account and am trying to change my user account password. I don't want to change my microsoft account password so I'm trying to change to local account but the option is missing...
  4. Sign out of child account on local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign out of child account on local account: I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out...
  5. Sign out of child account on local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign out of child account on local account: I created a local account and on the windows store I signed in as a child account, which ended up changing my local account to use the child account. I now can't use xbox gamepass and when I go into settings there isn't an option to sign out of the account. How do I sign out...
  6. Signing out of a Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signing out of a Local account: Winver 1903 Build 18362l.175 On any of my Local account machines, if I sign out and try to sign back in I am asked for my password. So far so good. If give it my MS Account password do I get signed in to that MS Account and not my Local Account? That seems to be the case but...
  7. Can't sign out of Microsoft account for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign out of Microsoft account for windows 10: Hello, I've got a Microsoft account which is linked to a bunch of things like my Minecraft for Windows 10 copy. When I signed in yesterday into Microsoft Store after what must've been like 3 years it not only signed me into the store but also the whole operating system. And...
  8. Can't sign out of Microsoft account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't sign out of Microsoft account on Windows 10: I signed in using a personal email by mistake on a work computer to sign into Microsoft Office (so I could use Word, Excel, etc), and now I cannot sign out. I can see my account under "Email & Accounts" in the Windows 10 settings menu, and there's seemingly no way to remove...
  9. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch Microsoft account to local account: Hi! I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says: "We are sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to local account. Code: 0x80070057" Can anyone help me plz? I'm tired...
  10. Can't log out of local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log out of local account: For a couple months I've had a single account without password protection - never had to purposefully log out - just shut down. I added another account a couple days ago. Now the PC hangs up with a blank screen for about 5 minutes when I try to log out. Eventually the PC...