Windows 10: Can't sign out of Microsoft account for windows 10

Discus and support Can't sign out of Microsoft account for windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've got a Microsoft account which is linked to a bunch of things like my Minecraft for Windows 10 copy. When I signed in yesterday into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mrimcanada, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Can't sign out of Microsoft account for windows 10

Hello, I've got a Microsoft account which is linked to a bunch of things like my Minecraft for Windows 10 copy. When I signed in yesterday into Microsoft Store after what must've been like 3 years it not only signed me into the store but also the whole operating system. And because my account was still linked to Microsoft Family I got time restrictions on my PC that were set by my now dead parents. Can anyone help me sign out of Microsoft account for Windows 10? I've tried a bunch of things like "switch to an local account instead" but Microsoft Family blocks that feature.

:)

mrimcanada, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Can't sign out of Microsoft account for windows 10

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't sign out of Microsoft account for windows 10

1. Can't sign out of Microsoft account for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't sign Microsoft

2. Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!: Recently i logged into my windows using a microsoft account i recently created and now i can't sign out of it or switch to a local accountI don't know what really went wrong but i can't really sign it out, i can sign out my university account thoughSFC scan won't...
  3. Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Sign out my Microsoft Account out of Windows! Can't Switch to Local Account!: Recently i logged into my windows using a microsoft account i recently created and now i can't sign out of it or switch to a local accountI don't know what really went wrong but i can't really sign it out, i can sign out my university account thoughSFC scan won't...
  4. Can't sign in to Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft Account on Windows 10, but every time after it asks for my Windows password it loads for a while then displays a message that says "Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." These...
  5. Can't sign in to Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft Account on Windows 10, but every time after it asks for my Windows password it loads for a while then displays a message that says "Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again." These...
  6. Can't sign into Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign into Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I can't sign into my Microsoft Account on Windows 10. I'm trying to use the "Your Phone" app for the first time, and at 20% when I click "Sign in with Microsoft", it only briefly says "Just a moment..." with a loading circle, before that pop-up disappears. Can't continue past...
  7. Sign out Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign out Microsoft account: Hi, I have three laptops connected to the same Microsoft account. How can I log out of the Microsoft account on one of the laptops. When I received it, it didn't have a Microsoft account on it, and I want it to stay that way. That is, in Start at account setting, there...
  8. Sign out of Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign out of Microsoft account: I am returning my laptop to store how can I remove my microsoft account from it before returning Also the screen is damaged it is not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-of-microsoft-account/79d313ff-37a7-435f-b659-586498d74e6b
  9. Can't sign in to Microsoft account on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in to Microsoft account on Windows 10: I am trying to sign in to my Microsoft account on my new Windows 10 computer. When I try to log in, it allows me to enter my MA name, MA password, but then when I enter the "local" password it gives me an error message: Oops, something went wrong. Whatever happened, it was...
  10. Can't sign out of Microsoft account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't sign out of Microsoft account on Windows 10: I signed in using a personal email by mistake on a work computer to sign into Microsoft Office (so I could use Word, Excel, etc), and now I cannot sign out. I can see my account under "Email & Accounts" in the Windows 10 settings menu, and there's seemingly no way to remove...