Windows 10: Can’t skip the lock screen (basic solutions aren’t working) I want to log in the second...

Discus and support Can’t skip the lock screen (basic solutions aren’t working) I want to log in the second... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mr_Parr0t [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr_Parr0t, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Can’t skip the lock screen (basic solutions aren’t working) I want to log in the second...

/u/Mr_Parr0t, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Ericb819 Win User

Trying to find a solution for the second monitor blacked when pc is locked!!

Actually it works normally when logged on to the computer's but when you lock/log off your PC the second monitor blacks out and shows no picture is showed but i wanted to know if theres a way to get the second monitor to show the lock screen background when
    locked!! My bad Sorry......

Ericb819, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jul 31, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Can’t skip the lock screen (basic solutions aren’t working) I want to log in the second...

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Can’t skip the lock screen (basic solutions aren’t working) I want to log in the second...

1. Can’t skip the lock screen (basic solutions aren’t working) I want to log in the second... - Similar Threads - Can’t skip lock

2. Solution to screen lock problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to screen lock problem: Numerous threads in regards to the issue of screen lock and not being able to disable it.I too had this issue and I change registry values and every conceivable setting and still Windows 11 would put me in screen lock and I had to re-enter my pin.The problem is not in Windows...
  3. Solution to screen lock problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution to screen lock problem: Numerous threads in regards to the issue of screen lock and not being able to disable it.I too had this issue and I change registry values and every conceivable setting and still Windows 11 would put me in screen lock and I had to re-enter my pin.The problem is not in Windows...
  4. I can’t log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t log in: So, I pressed shut down and decided to log in on my pc because my friend wanted to play game. I started Windows but it says that camera not available and PIN is not available. What do I do?...
  5. I can’t log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t log in: So, I pressed shut down and decided to log in on my pc because my friend wanted to play game. I started Windows but it says that camera not available and PIN is not available. What do I do?...
  6. Skip Log in Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skip Log in Screen: Okay so basically I want my PC too boot straight to Desktop, but I didnt get that working yet. I tried Unchecking the box "User needs to input password on Login" (or sthlike that) and it woks, I get logged in automatically, but thats only half of what I'm looking for. I...
  7. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen: This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I cannot log in. I have tried to reboot the desktop, change my account’s password, and looked online for help - practically...
  8. I can’t log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t log in: So this story of how i got in this situation starts here I downloaded this app and it gave me malware so i tried to use an app that kills malware and that didn’t work so i restarted my pc and deleted everything windows reinstalled and everything was good i went to log in and...
  9. Fn-lock not working Solution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn-lock not working Solution: Hi everyone. I have been searching for the solution to this problem after my latest 2020 bios update on HP windows 10 pro. But nothing worked. So, I was just checking the BIOS settings I found the solution. My Device: HP PROBOOK G65 windows 10 pro. Solution : 1: Shutdown...
  10. cannot remove second log in option from lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot remove second log in option from lock screen: Hello, I have a windows 10 laptop and I am the only user. My administrator username is George Michaels. Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login- George Michaels where I click to enter my password and a second option which is George (without the...